Skip to main content

Monday Ramblings

I had a pretty decent weekend:

1. Went over to Burgess on Saturday morning to take over some things left over from when I moved into the "dump" at BFE. I also took over Michael's 4-wheeler that had been in the basement and was not likely to be used again by its owner. Marvin and Janine have a grandson named Keegan and I understand he got some use out of it. Really happy the Blue Streak is bringing joy to a kid again.

2. Saturday afternoon neighbor Tim returned from Iowa with his new Harley so a couple of friends of his and a couple guys I know from BFE went riding. Beautiful day for a ride and we had a great afternoon of riding and stopping here and there for a beer and cigar.

3. I was being real smart with my flooded items. I lined a lot of the paper material along the rail of the back deck to warm up and hopefully be salvaged from the garbage. All weather reports had it clear both Saturday and Sunday so I didn't worry too much. I should have. Evidently Saturday night we got a nice shower which set back my salvage project.

4. Watched some football and kept tabs on my two fantasy football teams. Both won so I am doing well and close to 1st place. I am 2-1 with my "friends" league and 3-0 with the public league.

5. Texted Drew in St. Pete on the Bears. Guess I was properly and successfully insulting because I haven't heard back.

6. Took the convertible to G-Burg for a cruise and then came back on I-74 up to Woodhull.

7. Cleaned house a bit and put the garbage bags out along the street. Garbage truck just left and can't help but think a bit on that precious, memory-laden load they have.

8. Looking forward to the debate on Friday night. Just wondering why they would schedule it on a Friday. People heading out to have fun after the work-week, football games, travel time for some. You would have thought any other day of the week would allow more people to view it. Ah, maybe that's the reason.

9. Becoming used to the idea that perhaps the Mets won't make it again this year. Their bullpen really sucks and without someone stepping up and taking control, we just haven't got what it takes. We are still the wildcard team but with a week to go (and playing the Cubs 4 times) I am not optimistic.

10. Mowed the yard yesterday and saw my first BFE snake. One snake in a summer is damn good. I didn't scream but I did a heeby-jeeby dance to get away from it.

Comments

  1. Mom has now watched me and sports 2 days in a row. I find it amusing that she laughs at me when I get super pissed off at the Mets. Oh and believe you me, I do. Then I laugh as I cuss out everything in sight because the Mets keep f-ing blowing it. Then I wonder why you dont get as upset as i do. Then I realize you have watched them F-up a hell of a lot longer than I have and you are used to seeing them BLOW IT IN THE LAST GOD DAMN 2 WEEKS OF THE GOD DAMN SEASON!!!!!

    Hey ill go half with you to buy a pair of Shea stadium seating ;)


    It was really hard to look at the pics of the 4wheeler. although I agree that im glad its making someone happy. I do love to see happy little ones.

    Im so sorry about the basement :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant