Skip to main content

I'm A Slave To The Fantasy Addiction



Sounds kinky, no? Actually it is Yahoo baseball fantasy. We got a league together when I was still at the Mary Davis Home, so by now it must be close to 10 years old. Some of the charter members have drifted away (Brian McGrath, Lance Brooks, Randy Storm, and others), but there still some of us who started with it still drafting and making our lineups. Other charter owners still in it besides myself are Gullywhacker, Wilhelm, and the Crazy Asian. My team has been named the Metros after the Mets. We have won the regular season race the past couple of years. This years team looks like this:

1B - Berkman
2B - Utley
3B - Wright
SS - Reyes
OF - Burrell
OF - Crisp
OF - Holliday
C - Ianetta
Utility - Howard

SP - J. Santana
SP - F. Hernandez
SP - Lowe
SP- Lester
SP- Blackburn
SP- Snell
SP-Jimenez

RP-Lindstrom
RP- Zeigler
RP-Ray
RP-Lyon

It is not uncommon to have some 50 or so roster moves throughout the season, through injury, trade or waivers.
It is a fun, diversionary pastime during the summer and I enjoy the competition, the camaraderie, and the kicking of ass.

And, no, I don't have any Cubs or Cardinals on my team. Had once, but don't anymore. Nothing personal, if they had good players then I'd want them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant