7. Turner Classic Movies is on basic down here. I love it.
9. Stewart, my friend from Galesburg, offered me one of these beers when I stopped by to see him a couple of weeks ago. It is the absolute worst swill I have ever tried to force down. I can't believe he even offered this stuff to me rather than putting it in his new bike for fuel. I almost gagged with the first swallow and decided if I ever needed ipecac I'd buy a bottle of this stuff.
11. The Chicago stations are blaring about how Mark Buehrle's perfect game is only the White Sox 2nd in history. Well, the Mets have never had a no-hitter let alone a perfect game. Speaking of the Mets, we are toast. Time to start focusing on football.
12. Is that report true? Morgan Freeman, God in movies, is dating his step-grandaughter, 27, and he is, well, 146. Eeewww.
13. Besides the obvious Freudian implications of this picture is the fact that it was a woman driver who drove the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile into this building.
14. This was posted on my severe weather page on Friday afternoon: a tornado watch in Mercer County. Sure wish I was at the NHCC as a spotter. A cigar in one hand, a beer in the other.