Skip to main content

APRIL!!


In my two decades + at the Mary Davis Home I received more from the kids than I could ever give. Their trust, humor, resilience, and struggle to improve their behaviors made it a great place to work. They also introduced me to Meat Loaf.

Meat Loaf has finished his latest album and it will be released in April. He is the only one I'd go almost anywhere to see. I have been to two concerts to see him and loved them both. Mark your calendars for April.

Never pushed to get it played much in BFE CC but this is the stuff I secretly sing to with a fake microphone. I can escape in this stuff better than anything else.

The iconic Meat Loaf album still remains Bat Out Of Hell and the three Bat trilogy CD's remain his best work, especially his collaboration with songwriter Jim Steinman. He remains one-of-a-kind with soaring rock-n-roll operatic ballads.

Go to your iTunes and download the longest version of "I'll Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)", "Heaven Can Wait", "Paradise By The Dashboard Light", "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad" "Objects in the Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer than They Are""For Crying Out Loud" "Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through" and "Out of the Frying Pan (And into the Fire)". Start with those and if he hooks you, then go for more. A liitle "long in the tooth." Yeah, just like wine and art.

Comments

  1. I was literally left with damage to my right ear drum after we saw the Meat Man in IA. Was a good show.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant