Skip to main content

Farewell David

From left: Ciji's arm, Jen, Carrie, Sterling and Tim.

Dave, Sandy, DIane and Ina.


Dave.








Sterlings new game called "3's". It is much like Ship Captain and Crew but operates on a low score.




Saturday marked the end of a chapter of the North Henderson Mild Ones. Dave Olson found a better job and moved to Litchfield. Dave, or Ole, was always the first to get his bike out and most saddened when the ride was over. While we all enjoy riding our bikes, Dave was a true "biker". Leather vest, dew rag, biker boots and always wanting to ride with no breaks, he was the true biker and the rest of us were just weekend wannabes. He went to rallies, poker runs, met and bonded with other like-minded folks all across this state and Iowa, too. Sometimes I think we slowed him down.



Anyway, his going away party was Saturday, June 12 at the NHCC and hosted by Tim and Carrie. His GF, Sandy, joined him and most of his family including Justin, Kevin, Ina and I'll be damned if I knew the others. The rest of the partyers included: Jen, Rick, Sterling, Richard, Rod, Diane, Linnae, Ciji, and myself. Have I forgotten anybody, hmmm? If so, my apologies.



Pulled BB-Q sandwiches, a game of "3's" and karaoke. Fun night and for me profitable. I made about $6 on a game that mathematically eluded me. Thanks to Ciji for letting me know when I won. Tomorrow's blog is perhaps one that may frighten younger viewers and make the older set cringe. Gary and Patti, my favorite Creve Couer residents, I apologize. Your son sings tomorrow.



Ole, best wishes for you and Sandy and hopefully we will meet again soon and have the privilege and honor of riding with you once more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant