Skip to main content

Saturday Ride To Poopy's - Part 3

Another view of the chapel at the Iron Horse Social Club in Savanna.




One of the bikes on display.





The apt-named Poopy's in Savanna.




The entrance and exit is around that car on the left side of the picture. I am surprised people don't get run over since it is coming down from a curving knoll. You can't be shy coming or going. I found myself quite quick in leaving.

Fellow patrons of Poopy's. Don't know if they were able to chat or if it isn't important. The band cranked up the music and demanded you listen. I escape it momentarily in the restroom. Oh well, when in Savanna...



Ole after a long ride.


Poopy's is a name I have heard often in the past few years. It is a place bikers go to in Savanna although why I don't know. All I can tell is that they can get good food and hearing loss. It's just a building with tables inside and out and they sell overpriced chrome stuff and panties with Poopy's on them. If you have a sudden inspiration for a tattoo you can get it done before you chow down on a Super Poopy. Perhaps a neat little tat with "Get Me Out Of Here" might be appropriate.


Apparently you can, on some weekends, ride in and camp out on a hill and stay overnight. For those who like camping out on a hill in noise-drenched nature it might be great but for this old guy a bed trumps earth and quiet conversation beats the pounding music that effectively stops all human interaction except sign language.


I, for one, evidently didn't appreciate the more esoteric aspects of this place. All of my companions raved about the food, and by the looks of it, I confess it sure made my mouth water. In fact I begged Carrie for a piece of chicken and it was very very good. But I am a sit-down-and-chat kind of guy and loud music that prevents that regardless of quality is an almost instantaneous deal-breaker for me.


The ride was great otherwise: Iron Horse was a hoot, the day was warm and we finished with a cold soda/beer at Jimmy Lee's in Port Byron before heading home. We saw some country we had never seen before and had a few laughs. We all straggled home tired but it was a fantastic day. Thanks Tim, Carrie, Rick, Jen and Ole for a good time (except that Poopy's place).








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant