Skip to main content

World's 2nd Best Pizza

Tim and Carrie working on a Davis Pizza.

Rick and Jen chowing down on a great pizza.


Here are Tim's folks. She accused me of lacing mints I offered her. Must be my gentle honest face. Dad is a snake wrangler in retirement, and former Keystone worker. Funny nice people. Glad they joined us for lunch and told us many tales of Tim's childhood. May come in handy at some point. I told them not to judge their parenting skills by Tim, he can be blamed on free will.


One of the highlights of our weekend ride to Peoria was lunch at the Driftwood which offers Davis Pizza. Tim had mentioned this before and wanted to see how it compared to the World's Best pizza: Jerry's in Mt. Pleasant.

Review: I ordered a sausage deluxe which had a bit of green pepper, cheese and onion along with a generous layer of sausage sprinkles. The cheese are slices placed randomly on top. A very small crust compared favorably to Jerry's and the taste was unmistakeably sausage instead of an overpowering 'tomatoey'. Kudos to Davis, it was exquisite. It was unique, light and delicious. I'd go back again next week to have another Davis and indeed, I hope to have another one before I head back to Florida. Maybe a bit like Butch's frozen pizza but of course much better.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant