Skip to main content

Most Beautiful Car Ever Made?









Combing through the old car want ads and found this gorgeous 1965 Pontiac Bonneville. Always had a fondness for this car since we had one when Mark and I were kids. Big, black and nice lines. We didn't have the convertible but this one would be a nice addition to anyone's garage.

My Dad liked big cars and and I can remember Mark and I taking one of the cars, maybe this one, out for a short joyride thinking we'd be safe since the folks were gone. In Seaton there was a road heading west to Keithsburg, pretty straight and back in those days in good shape. We went out about a mile or two then turned around and flew, I mean flew back into Seaton. It had a push button for the trunk release and we pretended it was a braking device. We screamed back toward town then popped the trunk to simulate a spoiler/chute and there at the stop sign when you get in were the folks in the company truck. Ooops. We must have been going 75/80 and that was after we had braked some distance. We didn't drive again for a while. Mark was always getting me into trouble.





This is a picture of a Grand Prix that is presently for sale on the web. It would be the more affordable than the above convertible and close to the Bonnie we had. I'd love for someone to get this for me for Christmas, or maybe Labor Day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant