Skip to main content

Flashback Friday


The late Bill "Skiboo" "BcKee" Seaton, and brother Phil.  Bill passed away quite unexpectedly three or four years ago. 



A notice in the paper regarding a Seaton Pancake Breakfast.  Mother Marj is on the left, then Doris Kingry and John Seaton, Bill's dad is on the right.  


Herb, my father,  was a mason and this is a 1964-65 Officer's collage.  Familiar faces when growing up in Seaton, like Dan Sims, Jim Chism, Squire Greer, and Jack Bertelson.  Herb is on the lower row second from left.




These are notices in the Purple & White, and the Wesleyan Courier about the high number of twins on campus in whatever year this was.  I'm not sure.  It's difficult to determine which one of us looks like the most fearsome underground revolutionary hippie.  My vote is Mark, who also could pass as a terrorist in some pictures.  


In what looks like a Mad Men publicity poster, this is a picture of my Dad on the far left and unknown persons in the middle and right.  I really do not have any context on this picture. 


A look at the Boys at Christmastime.  Apparently Marj only snapped pictures at Christmas, as I have seen almost zero pics of everyday activities.   Look at Phil's mutton chops, and the leg cast.  This may have been taken when all three of us were in college at once.  I'm guessing Mark and I were freshman and Phil was a senior.  He hurt his leg playing basketball.  
My first semester was interesting.  Brother Phil had to tell me to stop playing cards and having fun and maybe study once in a while.  As it turns out, he did a masterful job of fixing my compass because from this point on I buckled down and ended up with a rather nice GPA and even went to graduate school.  Thanks Phil.   

Archie, our great boxer and, by this time, aged, family dog is in many Christmas pics which will be coming along one of these Fridays.  I have digitized all of the family pictures in my possession and will be putting some on Flashback Fridays after a request from a niece and nephew who happen to be in Kansas City.  Of  course, to non-family they will likely bore you all to tears, but for family, they will be fun.  Hang in there, readers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant