Skip to main content

Family Christmas - Part 2

Let's not leave the family quite yet. I flew all the way from Florida, so we can stick around a little longer. This was a very very fun event. Rode over with Mark and Holly, and my presence was very much the surprise I wanted it to be.



This old Kent Feeds clock which is in Phil's shed is, quite surprisingly, from our father's grain elevator office in Seaton. I had no idea it still existed, and was quite fun to see again. Oddly, however, it runs backyard these days. I guess after over some 40 years it has a right to have a few gears stripped.


At one point Courtney, father of a newborn girl named Presley called me over and told me the story of these pink booties. He explained to me that my mother knitted those years and years ago and gave them to him to give to his children. A rather remarkable story, and unlike most booties, these stay on.


Presley Blythe, the youngest and newest member of the Blythe family attending the dinner.


Phil walking to their beautiful home for dessert.


Entry to Phil and Jeanne's nice home.


Holly and Phil.


Phil and Jeanne are big Newfoundland owners so why not have one carved on your front door?


Jason, Heather, and kids.


Courtney, Brooke and Presley.


All the men in this picture are named Eddie. That's Eddie's wife, and that's Eddie's wife.


From left to right: Mike, Eddie, Presley, Eddie, Courtney, Eddie, Mark and Phil.

Well, guys, that about does it for first event back home. It was really nice to see everyone. This would have been worth the trip all by itself, but since we have more things to do, and little time to do it, it might very well be a fun trip after all. Thanks Phil and Jeanne, good job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant