Skip to main content

The Things You See

It's not like I live on the streets or troll parking lots. But in the course of running errands one must use public parking. On this day it was up north in the Pinellas Park area and spotted these interesting wheels.



What is this, a '58 Chevy hearse?  Didn't even know companies used the Chevy to make hearses, so I don't know if this is just a modified car to look like one or not, but anyway it was a pretty neat thing to see, if you are into this sort of stuff.  Personally I'm not a fan of modified stuff.  My preference is purely stock, just as it came off the line.  But, if was a younger guy, without attachments, how cool would this baby be?  The beach parties, the sunsets...oh baby.


It is certainly a one of a kind job, with side pipes and mag wheels.  It was in pristine condition, too.  Flawless.




Nice conversation piece, and head turner.  Would be a laugh at the local car shows.   Nicely done mod vehicle, not particularly my taste in old car, but nicely done, anyway.


A little later in the day I spotted this beautiful jet-black old-style Corvette.  I'm not up on my 'Vettes so I don't know what year it is but I would suspect late 60's early 70's.  It had that old Stingray look to it.  


Love it.  Actually I had the use of a Vette once when I worked at the Mary one summer.  My girlfriend's Dad had some wealth and he lent her a Corvette that i ended up driving. 


And then you have monstrosities like this baby.  It takes a ladder or the driver being half monkey to get into the cab.  No problem seeing the road, however.  Wouldn't this be easy to tip over on a curve?


And finally, Florida still has its share of hippies and their wheels.  Look anywhere in this area and you'll see the gray long haired guys with earrings either recapturing or never moved out of their youthful flower-child days.  Here is an old VW van that I'm sure has seen its share of nickel bags.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant