Skip to main content

Baseball At The Trop

I had some extra change in my pocket, a day off and a hankering to see the Rays. SO I got a water bottle, made sure the bicycle tires were inflated and rode over to see an afternoon matinee. It only takes about 15 minutes once I get on the bike path which goes right to the Trop. You can avoid the traffic. Although with only 11, 575 in attendance there surely wasn't much of a traffic problem. In town were the Mariners and at the time this was like a David and Goliath matchup. The Rays were in 1st place and winning every game, while the Mariners are in year 15 of their rebuilding. But a major league game is a major league game. The Rays won it and it was a pretty good game.




You'll never get rained out at the Tropicana.  Nice seat right behind home plate.


The famous and Hall of Fame bound Ichiro.  



Plenty of empty seats.

I was pretty close to a foul ball.  That kid in the center caught one.  See what he has in his hands?


That would be a cool thing.  I think my brother Mark caught on in St. Louis.


A Ray's fan preparing for a "sweep" of the Seattle Mariners. 


Everyone's favorite fan taking a bow from other appreciative spectators.  


The fish tank where they keep manta rays.




Final out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant