Skip to main content

This and That

Today we have a pictorial view of some of the things I've been doing down here, and some sights along the way.



Met these ruffians at a mall in Tampa.  Tampa?  I don't do Tampa.  Well I guess I do if I can see the kids, and am driven there.  Above is Logan on the left and Michael on the right. Michael, of course is famous for pissing in the back yard this last week on the blog, and spent a couple years with us in G-Burg.  He is 10 now.  Logan spends most of his time in Canada with his father and is very polite.



Alhanna in a more relaxed pose.  School is going well for her and I believe she got a new pair of shoes just for showing up today. 


Norah with her red hair.



Took a bike ride downtown and shot these pictures.  It was a cloudy day here which is always different and unusual.  


Someone found these snake skins upstairs at the place where Mackenzie works.  They don't know if it is two 9 foot long snakes or one 18 footer.



Going over to Kenzie's house I spotted this car that had been stripped of its tires.  Don't know if there was a mad slashing that necessitated this or whether the car was jacked up and stripped. 
Either way it signaled a bad day for its owner.  


Poor picture, but if you enlarge it check out the name of the pizza in the lower right hand side of this shopping mall.  They need a new ad agency.


I took this spontaneous picture of Norah while trying to slide down the stairs with a couple of her friends.  



Teaching Norah how to play "Cops and Robbers".  She's a natural, and always the robber.  


This past Sunday was the beginning of a full day of football.  The day when we dress up kids too young to know better in our favorite colors.   


And grown men, A Bears And a Packers fan, warily gauge the opponent from across the room like gunslingers in the old West.  Today there would be a winner and a loser.  





And for those of you who like this sort of thing (like me) here is a short video of takeoff from QC Airport I forgot to put on yesterday's blog.




And our landing at St. Pete Airport which may have been the hardest I have experienced.  We all have bad days, I guess.

Comments

  1. All electrical equipment must be turned off during take offs and landings. This means if it has a power button you must by Federal Regulation turn it off. Sound familiar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, and that is why I always turn off my phone and DST. If I can bring down a plane with my little Canon Powershot A1000, then it seems the FAA has a problem. And, of course, my need to bring my loyal readers the very best supercedes my safety or good judgement.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant