Skip to main content

Flashback Friday - You Tube Hits Pt 2

Continuing with the videos I have recorded that have received the most hits from you readers and the public in cyberspace.  Last week we had the Beach Boys, Indy Cars, and  my cycle ride over the Skyway which have received a combined    hits.  Today's vids are more modest, but I am ramping up with some huge ones, and final ones, too next week.  One has received over 2000 hits!




166

Oddly enough, people seem interested in crop dusting.  I was on my bike between Alexis and Burgess out in the country and saw this duster doing his thing.  Nothing terribly exciting, but it was a nice summer day and just seemed so "Midwestern".  Reminds me of the story of my Aunt Gladys who swore once that she was driving from Aledo to Seaton and a plane was attacking her.  Turned out to be a crop duster.







154

This probably more than anything points to the inexplicable popularity of soccer in America.  If someone can explain why seeing people run up and down a field kicking a ball is exciting, please do so.
This is a video I made of Michael after one of his games.






126

I filmed this at the Vinoy Park here in St. Pete a couple years ago.  It is a Bongo Martial Arts routine.  I know nothing about it, but apparently is big in places.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant