Skip to main content

Flashback Friday - You Tube Hits

Whenever I shoot a video I then send it to YouTube so I can then turnaround and embed it onto the BFE blog.  I'm sure there are other methods of posting them but I'm used to YouTube and they do it in as simple fashion as possible I suppose.  They are not too interfering except when you try to record and post an artist's work on stage (like Meat Loaf) then they get a little itchy, but otherwise YouTube is good.  The one thing about it, however, is it is then available for the whole world to see.  If I record a bike ride, say, across the Skyway, and title it with Skyway then anyone using YouTube who has an interest and types in the search for Skyway will run into my video.  You can post it as "private" but then readers of the blog can't access it.   The secret is how you title it.  Obviously if you write "Puurrandemdowntowangthenwangwang" then you won't get any hiys at all.  If you Title it with words like 'Shark" "Boobs" or apparently "Soccer" you'll get dozens.  Some of my "public" vids have had several hits, or times someone out there has seen them.  In the next few Flashback Fridays, I'll be posting my most popular videos from YouTube and you may or may not be surprised.  Like I said, its all in how you title them.  Oh, and you'll be surprised (or maybe not) which video I did that has received at this point 2,406 hits.  Stay tuned for that one coming up one of these Fridays.  Yeah, I have to keep you hanging.  I'm such a tease.



360 

Filmed after a Rays game a couple years ago.  I can see why this has received so many hits, since the Beach Boys continue to be a draw, even if they are split up and only one is out there touring.






406

I was riding my bicycle downtown one afternoon and they had a lot of stuff barricaded getting ready for the Indy-style race down here.  I liked the sound of the cars and some guard said i couldn't film anything.  BS!  I was on a public sidewalk, and there is no way they could prohibit me.  I filmed anyway.




26

OK so it's not a large number of hits, but its my blog and my Flashback so here it is anyway.  It's my ride with camcorder over the Skyway Bridge.  This gives you an idea of what riding a bike is all about.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant