Skip to main content

New Monday Feature

I suspected Mugshot Mondays had jumped the shark with that one guy who had 'Fuck Police" tattooed on his forehead.  If that didn't convince me then that guy who jumped off the Skyway after his mugshot certainly did.  After that all I could see was the pain, embarrassment and emotional struggle in each face I would see.

I began to see things I didn't want to see.  One of Brendan's friends made it.  A kind and gentle soul whose misfortune it is to have an addiction to alcohol.  He is slowly destroying his life and somehow the humor didn't work for me anymore.  Oh, sure, out of habit I'll still scan the pages daily and see if I can get some more good ones, but, unfortunately for those of you who really like it, I am prepared to do it less.   But what to supplant those Mondays with?   I came up with what I hope is a neat interactive feature that will still be of interest and fun,  and to get us all going on those slow sleepy Mondays.

Cub Reporter Monday

A couple of weeks ago daughter Kenzie sent me a few pictures she has seen from her drive from St. Pete to Largo everyday.  They were pretty good ones, too.  I put them on the blog for next Wednesday and I thought, gee, stuff like this is happening all the time.
She took some good ones.  I called her my cub reporter.

So, for Cub Reporter Monday's I want you to take your pictures, write your experiences, send them to me and I'll post them for all our readers to see.  There's a lot of stuff going on everyday and if you'll put aside your reasonable fears and play along, then we could get some really great stuff.  And it doesn't have to be major epic things, either.  Most of what is on this blog is just some thoughts and a picture here and there of everyday life.  I know I have readers in England and if I can get one or both to join in, then this becomes an international blog.  My friends in BFE are doing things all the time as are my buddies in G-Burg.  Rascal out in Iowa, and John in California.  C'mon, play along.  Gay, I know you guys are busy doing interesting things.  Pat, I know you take pics and have fun stuff to share.  Jeff and Carol, fork over. Justin, well.  I don't know what you guys are doing in school, but back in my day very little could have been plastered on a blog.  Get it?  Plastered?

Ahem, well, anyway if you have anything then send it with or without comment, with or without credit, with or without whatever.  You let me know your wishes and I'll post it on Monday's.  Sound good?  Let's try it.

Send your pictures, essays, or whatever to bfereporter@yahoo.com

FOR INSTANCE:

Neighbor Tim sent these a while ago and I'm sure he wouldn't mind me using them for illustrative purposes.  



This was a ride he took from the Alexis area back into BFE with Old Blue, his stunning Harley.  It is a route we all took often, with Christopher, the McCutcheons, Dave Olson and others.  Damn crappy roads, but that area is all but forgotten by the state.  I love these videos, his and the ones I did because they come as close as you can get to actual riding without riding.




This is not my favorite German Shepherd.  I suppose that honor goes to Bishop, Drews dog.  My problem with German Shepherds is they just can't control themselves.  Bishop gets downright horny when he's around me, and Vince gets hungry.  Oh, and by the way, Northerners, this scene is about to happen again and again for you this winter.  Ha ha ha.

OK, so you get the picture.  Cub Reporter Mondays will feature your stuff.  Don't be shy.  And, if this works, a thanks in advance.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant