Skip to main content

Doing Tampa

One of Amy's items on her wish list while in the Tampa Bay area was to see a harbor area with some big freighters. Can't say as I have ever heard of anywhere around here as a "go-to" place to see the big ships so this was going to be an adventure of sorts...in Tampa. And as you all know, I don't do Tampa. I was told by the powers that be that all I had to do was sit there and look pretty so with rosary in hand off I went.



First stop was Ikea, which is an adventure in and of itself.  If you ever have the time and are near one (there aren't many in the US),  do give it a go.  We did our Ikea thing and now off to see something.  This was new territory, sort of.  I have ridden over here to the Dark City a couple of times with the Geezers on Goldwings.  Also once to the Zoo and Aquarium, so it's not like I NEVER go.  I just never have a need or much of a desire to go to the Dark City.  We drove by this neat old whatever.  


After that we ended up in this park area overlooking the Bay.  It's still not what Amy was looking for but we stopped anyway.  Kind of a neat place, a marina, park, and small airport were all here.



Yes, Amy let me borrow her camera, again.


I'm going to buy that spit of land and build my home on it.  It will be made of palm wood and live oak (dead after I cut it down).  
  



Islands in the stream.


Interesting place we ended up.  I think this was somewhere called Davis Island.


Boats are a dime a dozen down here.  Unfortunately they cost a zillion dimes.  Even ones with strange green paint on one side and white on the other.  Old boats...



...fast boats.


Big boats...


Pretty boats.  (Can you tell I have been reading "Old Hat, New Hat" to Norah?)


Unfortunately we didn't get to see what Any was looking for, but we did see this big boat  ready to send some on a dream vacation.


Well, we did see this freighter, but there was no activity.  Amy went to a port in Charleston that was busy with activity.  Never found it down here, however.  



The Dark City.  



And then, as we were leaving this area, out in the Bay was this freighter.  But we couldn't stay any longer because our Christmas guests were too busy coming down with the nasty Floridian Epizutic.  Both Patti and Amy would end up fighting this dread cold-like illness that would curtail all other plans.   Fun day anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant