Skip to main content

Kids and Kanucks

One of the draws for self-exile in Florida was that in less than 40 minutes to the South were my grandkidlings. It was just kind of nice that we could travel down to see one of Michael's soccer games, or attend a birthday bash or just because.  But things change.  Lindsay renewed her friendship with Chris in Canada and decided to move back up to Oshawa, which is not too far from Toronto.

Right after the trip down with the Geezers on Goldwings, I swung up to North Port and caught the rest of the clan spending one last day with them before their bus trip.


Michael and I have a history together.  Besides walking all over G-Burg following him on his blue battery operated ATV, I used to put him on the bike and we'd go cruising all over town, without permission.  This is a deep dark secret that only now can be revealed.  His mother would certainly not have approved, but, well, since we were pretty inseparable back then, if I wanted to ride, then he naturally came with me.  

Here we are last month about to take off to a Bouncy House sort of place for kids. Whatever was said, we certainly seem to be having a good laugh.



If your aren't familiar with Bouncy Houses, this is part of one in North port.  I hear there are others like it around.  Great place to send your kids to wear them out.  I saw a lot of what looked like single Dad's and their kid(s) on their weekend.  It would be on the top of my list to do with mine if I was in that situation.  Plenty of thanks from the kids while low on the labor-intensive side.



Alhanna and a slide down the dragon.  She is at that coltish awkward gangly age where legs kind of go every which way.  And she's got some long legs, too.  Tall girl for her age.


Miss Norah warming up for her first experience in such things.  I'll keep quiet now, the pictures tend to speak for themselves.
































And then it was over.  We would stop by a great yogurt ice cream place for dessert then take the kids back home.  Back on the road north to St. Pete and that would be that.  Won't see the kids for a loooooong time, I bet.  I'll miss 'em.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant