Skip to main content

I'm Shocked, Shocked To FInd Gambling In This Establishment




This video set up this year's Superbowl bet.  I think Tim actually was pleased with the team he drew,  and at the time I gave him a slight advantage.




Mr. Tim Stage and I have a mini tradition going on for the Superbowl.  We bet on who will win and somehow we got off on a tangent in payment.  It started when I won the first year and he paid off in quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies.  He also left a pithy remark, something like, "Fuckin Packers!"  Regardless of the sentiment, the money was good.




The next year I lost and paid Tim in dollar coins.   I was rather pleased with myself after having gone to a couple of banks in town to find them.  I put them in a pill container with some instructions to use when needed.



Here is a picture of Mr. Stage spending his winnings at old Cotton's/Crappie's, new Gimp's on Route 150 earlier this year.


But I must say, after losing this year, Tim certainly upped the ante and came up with a doozy way to pay.  I received this in the mail a few weeks ago.



In the note he explains that this is a Canadian $20 dollar bill and is one of the new anti-counterfeit bills that they are using.  He goes on to explain that if I start seeing these on my trip up North I have gone too far.   Those Canadians are really something.  While we are down here wringing our hands about how lousy Congress is, about whether the US is #1 or not, or which heinous crime trial we'll become addicted to next; damned if those Canadians aren't out there simply doing everything right.  Yeah, and too polite to gloat.   Hell, they even have half of Niagara Falls. 



The bills are used with a plastic see-through insert.  Really strange looking, but it will spend just fine across the border.  You see, he inadvertently did me a favor.  Michael's birthday is coming up in August.  I'm sending the bill to him as a present.  No evil deed goes unpunished.




And what Mr. Stage also doesn't realize is that I already have an idea on how to pay him off in the unlikely event of me losing this/next year.   Evil never sleeps, sucka.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant