Skip to main content

Nothing Of Great Consequence

Here are some pictures I took in the last couple of weeks that I didn't know what to do with so I lumped them all in one day and here you are.




I took another trip across the Skyway over to Palmetto to the dog pound.  On the way back I stopped at the rest area and took some pictures.  The Skyway is an awesome bridge and the #1 suicide destination east of California.  So far this year there have been 9 suicides, 22 possible suicides, 3 survivors and 2 saves.  




Whenever I stop here these birds are always sitting on the railing, just like this.  They aren't hunting, and they don't seem to be vulturing the trash receptacles.  They ruin my observation of nature that animal life is forever seeking food




St. Petersburg from the rest stop.  That large white dome on the left is Tropicana Field, home of the Tampa Bay Rays.  




My landlord just purchased this 1985 Honda Nighthawk 550 is amazingly pristine condition.  As you can see it only has 20,600 miles and the guy got it for $1600.  A steal.  He was so excited he came over to show me.  And he is 70 years old, so the fever never subsides.



St. Pete Beach on a cool Saturday morning.  No one here right now but as the sun came out and it started to warm up, the parking lot began to fill.  


Sandy walkway to the beach area.  It marks the demarcation between civilization and the naturalness of the beach.  Unsurprisingly there are beer cans and human trash laying around.    



Nothing special here, just liked the colors in this one.  




Some kind of palm or pine trying to eke out a living here in the sand.  


A sandal someone just kicked off, I guess and kept on walking.  Maybe it was a late night tryst and it slipped off in the dark.  I'm not sure why they don't have someone from the parks department wade out and pick up the trash.  They have to come by and get trash out of the receptacles, you'd think they would do more out here where tourists walk.




A scrub lizard sunning himself on a cement abutment.  These guys are all over the place down here.  Creepy little bastards.





Damn tourists.  Clogging the streets, the beaches and playing around with our gators.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant