Skip to main content

And Yet More This And That


Spotted at the Wagon Wheel flea market.  What's wrong?  Well, first off, that Hot Wheels paint job demeans this nice 'Vette.  Also, no 'Vette should ever be yellow.  Besides that, nothing is wrong with it.





This is how Norah tackles a donut.  It becomes a frosting transference device.  



Norah modeling her new Christmas fashions. 





Sunset At the Vinoy



This was part of a pine tree at Shawshank.  I was amazed at the complexity of it all.  The things all around us that we never ever, really see.

Put this under the "I've Seen It All Now Category:



At a thrift shop I spied this pooch with an obvious service vest.  It was one of those odd looking breeds that you have only seen in photographs.  A cursory glance through the dog breeds revealed this to be one of those Chinese Crested things, I think.  A glance at the dog and its owner revealed that they both did, in fact look similar.  I was curious as to what type of service this dog performed.  The owner didn't appear blind, or handicapped.  Was she deaf?  With stealth, well, relative stealth, anyway, I moved over and as soon as the owner was behind the decorative doors, I snapped another picture with my iPhone.  This thing either takes the most remarkable pictures, or the worst - no in between.



Well, I had no idea there were service dogs for Emotional Support.  After doing some research at home I discover that emotional support service dogs need be trained in nothing at all.  They only need to be there.  And I also learned that they had legal access in any residence regardless of housing animal restrictions. 

I also learned that you can register you pooch to be a service dog and you can get a vest and all the certification documents through the mail.  Looks like a way for dog owners to alleviate their separation anxiety when they aren't with their mutts.

As you may recall, Shawshank has a weight restriction on dogs here.  Hmmm?  Sure glad I ran into this little guy today.  A rare example of the Chinese coming to the aid of an American.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant