1. Remember last week's whiny post about having lost all, or most, of my pics from the North trip? Well, under the 'great-time-to-be-alive' heading, I was directed toward a company that can retrieve your lost or erased pictures from digital camera cards. It cost me $40 and I was pretty apprehensive, but the program did get them back. For future reference, the company is called Card Recovery.com. It works if you don't take additional pictures after the erasure. I don't know how it works, but it did, so you might want to keep that website handy, just in case. So, yeah, your going to see a lot of snow pictures; you just can't get rid of this winter, can you?
2. Florida is home to some pretty big sinkholes. But Illinois? Your potholes just about wrecked my poor little truck.
3. They say everyone loves Ellen DeGeneres. I don't love Ellen. I have never found her funny. Oscar night was no exception. Her "Den Mother" routine at the Oscars made for dull viewing. Where was the wit of Steve Martin and Billy Crystal. Even when Jon Stewart and Letterman bombed, they were funny half the time. Without the anticipation of a funny remark directed toward the attendees, the Oscars become nothing more than a series of interminable thank-you speeches from people we neither know nor saw their work. Tina Fey and Amy Proehler's hosting of the Golden Globes should serve as a reminder of stellar wit: On Gravity "The movie where George Clooney would rather drift away and die in space than spend one more second with a woman his own age." About the best we could get from Den Mother DeGeneres was, "Hey Harvey Weinstein, wanna kick in…(on help paying the pizza deliverer)…?"
Just another example of how humor is so damn subjective. Around these parts Ellen is practically elevated to Sainthood. Me? Uh, not so much.
4. I hate traffic. A couple days ago I had to contend with stop-and-go, bumper-to-bumper on the Interstate coming back from Zephyrhills. The only good thing about that was it slooooooooooowed everyone up.
5. Hey guys with baseball hats. The brim is flat from the factory. It is NOT supposed be flat when you wear it.