Skip to main content

This And That


VARIOUS THINGS SEEN AND SNAPPED DOWN HERE IN ST. PETE



I saw this whilst going to Publix for groceries.  It was parked right next to me. And, no, I don't have a clue. 




Kenzie took these pics of Norah for you wildlife lovers out there.




Central Avenue is the art center of town.  Consider it the Seminary Street of St. Pete, only many blocks long.  They have several art galleries that I like to check out every so often and saw this, um, modern looking steampunkt sculpture in the window of one of them.



This wasn't St. Pete but rather further south in an outlet mall outside Ellenton, Florida.  Parking is tough in this very popular outside mall, and it is even tough when jerks like tis guy parks in such such an inconvnentit spot for everyone else.  There is plenty of room on down where he could have easily been out of the way, but I guess he just wanted to create chaos.  





Spotted along Central Avenue, this van is a one-of-a-kind trip, with decals covering about every square inch.




These guys were painting a very vibrant red-orange on a new shop about to open up.  Ah, the joys and fears of creating a new business.  This part, the painting and decorating has to be the easiest aspect to it all.



This is a Lamborghini.  They cost a lot of money and go very fast.





Drew and I and clan were going to the firing range at a place called Bill Jackson's down here and parked in front was this mint 1976 Buick Limited.  


And as I was about to head-on inside after my shot, I noticed the front license plate.  Good old Land of Lincoln '76 plates.  Tears damn near came to my eyes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant