Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

1.  Drew was checking around Craiglist for a shotgun a few weeks ago.  The guy he was corresponding with sent him a picture of the gun.    



And his toes.



I hope you are not looking at this over breakfast.  And I also fervently hope he doesn't live in Georgia.


2.  




Now, imagine you are at the pump, minding your own business, lost in thoughts about errands, work or home and a camper pulls up beside you.  Only this camper has a snake wrapped around its door handle and mirror.  

Turns out this is a fake snake and just one part of the charm of this old camper.  I don't care if it is fake, if I faint when it rolls up, then its not a fake faint.  Someone has to pay.  

3.  I hope the weather in Missouri is good this week.  (No, I won't be there, but Neighbor Tim will be fishing there.  Last couple of years have been iffy, weather-wise.)


4.  Nap Time For Little Squab




                                                          

5.  Pointless comment of the year: I hate the word "absolutely".  Apparently Americans have decided a 4 syllable word is better than a 1 syllable, "yes".   I also hate when people start their sentence with "Look…" or most recently "So..," seems to be the latest.  I also hate when people don't finish their sentences.  "Do you want fries with that, er…?"  I blame my grammar fanaticism on my mother who was always correcting us.  One of her favorites was in response to one of us asking, where is the Wombie at?  She would respond "behind the "At".  Apparently throwing an "at" at the end of a sentence would get her English proclivities enraged.  Its now all I can think about when I hear someone else throw in that "at".  At least they don't have Marj to contend with; she broke us kids like a cowboy breaks ponies.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant