Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

1.  Neighbor Tim has healed well enough to resume work.  Sherwin-Williams, his many friends in Northlandia and at least one in Florida, and family breathe a sigh of relief.  Now if his Bears could just win a game. 

2.  I am a proponent of online banking.  Paying bills on the internet probably saves me close to $40.00 a year in postage.  But there is one thing I don't get.  I use Billpay for a couple of bills from my bank.  We know banks are stingy, blood-sucking parasitic ass worms who are every bit as evil as much as they are tightwads.  Who pays for  Billpay?

3.  I was extremely saddened by Illinois' dropping the Millionaire Raffle from their lotto lineup.  It had become a bit of a tradition with the Wombie and I having our raffle tickets and dreaming of untold wealth.  We never did win anything but found it fun nonetheless.  Pretty good odds, too.  It was something they did twice a year along with St. Patrick's Day.  Hopefully that one is still in the works.  

4.  The other day I noticed the sunset was a little different that usual around these parts.  



I only had the iPhone but it was good enough to give you an idea of the sight.  I guess the sun was passing through some clouds, but that seemed odd because there didn't appear to be any that day.  

5.  Went to the Wagon Wheel Flea Market in St. Pete the other day.  Saw a guy petting his parrot and the incense that always renders me speechless.





I am, and remain, unable to make a coherent comment on the fragrance oil.  The guy and his parrot, however, made for a nice show.

6.  Halloween Is Approaching:  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant