Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

1.  Norah's First Bike







I might be in Dutch with the parents, but Gramps bought Norah her first bike last week, and we inaugurated it on Thursday.  Steering seems to be a concept we need to work on, but it was explained to me that Princesses have no need for steering - they have other people take care of that.  


We had a brief training session before it started to mist.  Oh, and she did take a tumble.  She cut too hard on a turn and had quite a lot of speed built up.  Ah, welcome, Norah, to the physics of bikes.  Now get back on that thing and ride like the wind!

2.  Hand Me My Glasses


I have mentioned before how Bedlam is nestled in an area which seeks to provide gentlemen with adult entertainment.  There are 4 or 5 "clubs" close by. 



The closest is this place which is right next to bedlam.  Jump the fence and you are in their parking lot.  It is the one I am most intrigued with as well.  Selective hiring. I wonder if I am as selective as this place?  In the interest of bringing the most "selective" information to the readers of Existing in BFE, I feel it a duty to investigate.  If/When I do, I will give you a full report. 


3.  Mark your calendar.

I see some of you didn't mark your calendars for June like I admonished last Tuesday.  If not, do so now.   What, you may ask?





4.  Seen at the Largo Park



Turtle soup anyone?

5.  Playoff Lotto

The 2nd Playoff Lotto is over and the big winners were Mark,  Kenzie and Tim.   Once again, I didn't win a penny.  


6.  Wombie In Florida?

The Wombie spent most of last week in Florida at Marco Island.  He and some friends flew down for a couple days of golf.  He returns next month for more golf, and closer to Bedlam.  Actually it is just down the road a mile or so.  I will meet up with him and have a beer or two and maybe more of that machine game that sits on the bar.  

7.  Fighting Roomies

Right across from me at Bedlam are two girls who share an apartment. Last Sunday as I was having my morning coffee they came bounding out of their upper-story apartment.  One got behind the wheel of their Kansas-tagged teal Ford Taurus while the other leaped on top of the hood.  It appeared like fun and games.  The one on top of the car was laughing so I thought it was simply a couple young kids having some fun.  The one behind the wheel backed out and then raced to the lane to the main thoroughfare. Wheels were squeeling and the one on top of the car jumped off a ways down the lane, and while it was going at a good clip.  

I lost sight of the one who leaped   A white van traveling in the opposite direction stopped and a couple of guys got out to assist the leaper.  After a short while the leaper comes back in view holding her arm in obvious distress.  She spurns offer of help from bystanders and crawls back up to the apartment.  

Not long after the driver walks without the wheels to the apartment - knocks on the door after a short wait, and finally the door opens and the driver slips back in.  A while later both walk slowly back down the steps, leaper has arm bandaged and walk away, eventually returning later with the car.  It was a long cup of coffee, OK?  

Ah, Bedlam. 


Comments

  1. Good solid rule- no hitting. Married 40 years. No hitting. Reason we are married 40 years- no hitting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant