Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits


1.  It wasn't one of my better weeks for tight, concise exposition.  In fact, it was a downright piss-poor few days for awareness.  Failure is no stranger so I boldly retract, retrace and make right those items I fumbled.   

  • Last time I was in Northlandia I stopped, unannounced at the BFE Civic Center, and discovered that the place was bereft of beer.  Neighbor Tim is usually well stocked and he suggested a trip to a bar, but I wasn't much interested in that.  First I much prefer free beer, and second, I wanted to converse, something you can't always do in that environment.  So, Tim being resourceful, grabbed what he had, vodka and a bottle of Jimmy Luv's Bloody Mary Mix.  Now, when I returned to Fucklorida I went surfing and discovered Jimmy's does ship their liquid gold.  One day in the rush of Christmas or maybe shortly after a boxx arrived with three bottles of their mix.  I wasn't expecting it but who else could have shipped it?  I erroneously assumed that i had ordered it but discovered a couple days ago that it was Tim and Carrie who had played Santa.  I told him that I was so embarrassed to take credit for their good deed that I was going to have a Bloody Mary in order to fix my fractured self-esteem.  I have sent a letter of appreciation for their good deed and as I look back on the Season discovered that I have very good friends and will do all I can to be as good a friend in return.  Like I said in a recent post, friends are the greatest gift. 



  • It also occurred to me that I failed to thank the references I used in my recent adoption of Bry aka Mudflap:  Tim and Pat who knew Missy, and Jeff who knew MINS.   Thank you.
  • And finally, in my groveling for forgiveness tour, I want to thank Madame X who is always a key reason my trips up North are always so successful.  Madame X wants no recognition but opens her house, family and generosity jar to accommodate my visits.  A great and old friend Madame X doesn't get the recognition she deserves, but know that it is deeply appreciated.  
  • I attempted to take a long exposure shot of the ISS as it drifted across the morning sky a couple days ago, but for whatever reasons, it did not work out.   Drat.  It takes so long for the dang thing to fly over again, but when it does I'll try to be there and finish the job.



2.  I usually think Breaking Bad is the best TV show I ever saw until I see Shameless.  Shameless is without doubt the raunchiest, funniest, saddest, most human show I have ever seen and in its own way the best thing I've ever seen.  I'm binging with Netflix and have 8 episodes left of the most recent season.  It positively drips with pathos, tears and yes, bodily fluids.  The Gallaghers of Chicago are one wild family.   

3.  It's winter in Florida.  The only time worth being here, even in Bedlam.

4.  Mark June on your calendar.  I don't know how it will play out yet, but just mark it.

5.   Norah Watcher's Weekly Fix:  



As to the apple, I don't have a clue. 

6.  Winners of the 2nd Playoff week include Mark (again), Kenzie and Drew.  Always looking for new suckas players.  If interested in getting in the last two weeks let me know.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant