Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

1.  2015, So Far You Suck



I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this, it's just too painful.  Bry was unable to overcome her separation anxieties and went back to her rescue organization.  The final incident was the bloodied, eaten blinds.  She was a wonderful pooch and I will miss her, and that's all.  I'm shelving forever all future attempts to find my best furry friend.  Somewhere MINS and Missy weep.

2.  Things You Should Do More Gently When You Are My Age




In a weirdly bad pic, these are wounds I suffered whilst attempting the manly sport of tennis.  I used to play once in a while back in college and so I erroneously thought I could fly across the court like the olden days, only to discover my wings fell off a few years ago.  I went down like a shot hippo.  It stung for a day or two and I garnered much empathy from Norah, but as I write this on Sunday morning, I am preparing to go back out again, as my partner, Drew, is salivating at the chance to whip on me again this afternoon.

3.  Homemade Antenna


A neighbor here at Bedlam has fashioned a homemade antenna that he puts out of his window into a tree on evenings when he comes home from work.  Since cable and DISH costs continue to rise and people are trying to cut their cable this idea is intriguing.  


4. I'm not a TV commercial watcher; I make sure I can do something moderately constructive during them, but noise pollution is unavoidable.  Having said all that, I'm really sick of those Rob Lowe spots. 

5.  For All Those Norah Watcher's Out There




Norah is now a member of the Red Hat Society.  Found this beauty in a consignment shop and she looked great in it.  My mother liked wide brimmed classy hats and I couldn't resist.   

6.  US Mail, Checks, and Unsealed Envelopes  


I recently ran a playoff lotto and people sent me money to pay up if they lost.  This contestant sent their check last week.   




I turned the envelope over and noticed the back flap was open.  The check was in there...


but the envelope wasn't sealed. The little strip was still in place. Kudos to the USPS, and everyone who came in contact with it through the 1200 miles.  Granted, machines do a lot of sorting but there had to have been some human contact along the way. 

While I'm thinking of the US mail, I recall one holiday season back in high school or before, addressed "Marj and the Boys"  Sure, it was local, but still.  Lots of aspersions seem to be thrown toward small towns, but sometimes their quaintness is like a loving embrace.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant