Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

Good news from my latest doctor's appointment.  My polyps are not growing at the moment, so the steroidal flushes are doing their job.  What all that means is that, for now, I am averting the allergy panels and 6 months of shots.  Woo Hoo! 


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++




I am presently in Northlandia and you should know that posts may be non-existent some days. I am attempting to put these together with spitwads and duct tape.  Monthly dues will be gladly refunded.    

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wasn't here more than a day before we started to get reports of an impending blizzard.  I ran into old family friend Gary Greer from Seaton and he said he didn't think I was that stupid to come up here at this time. I think that was a compliment.  Hmmm?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Something I noticed right off was the continual political ads filtering over here from Iowa stations.  That's one thing we don't get down in Florida...yet.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

I was expecting perhaps a bit more security at the airport but all they did was pat down my shoulders.  Why?  Not a clue. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lewis Black is wonderfully funny.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Five days into this trip and already I miss my Norah.

+++++++++++++++++++++++


All indications point to an excellent viewing month for Comet Catalina.  Each day that goes by the comet will be in the eastern night sky before dawn.  I hope to have a picture of it by this time next week.  I am thinking that a place without any pollution whatsoever, like maybe Tybee Island would be a great place to see it.  Maybe I can get over there in January before it leaves.

++++++++++++++++++++++++ 



Norah was sick last week so she stayed with me instead of going to school.  She sure seemed better.  Looked like one of my miraculous recoveries when I was a kid. 

===============




That title is supposed to say Bug rather than Big.  Typos can start wars.  Anyway, this guy was walking along the railing at Norah's place.  Interesting looking little bastard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant