Skip to main content

Flashback Friday



Everything is temporary.  Even Polaroids.  Especially Polaroids.  This picture was taken while in college and we seem to be at a hotel.  I haven't the foggiest where but it may have been a fraternity gathering somewhere.  Since I was an officer I might have been forced into it.  But I honestly don't know.  Fraternity conventions were in the summer and we all seem to be dressed for winter.  Oh well, everything is temporary, including memory.  

The back of the head is Russ Foust.  I haven't heard from him in a couple years and my emails don't reach him so if you see this, Rascal, write and tell me how you are.  From left is Dave Dixon, the Brain.  Tom "Sandbag" Sandersfeld and yours truly.  I wasn't known to wear socks and here you can tell.  I didn't really start wearing them until I ran into a dress code at the Mary Davis Home. I got by for a while spray painting my feet, but I was caught and ever since I have worn socks.  Everything is temporary. 

As you can clearly see the table is full of beer, and the I wonder who took this picture.  It is likely to remain a mystery.  Also in full display is the degradation of the picture itself.  The intevening decades have no tbeen kind and I fear another amount of time and this will fog into obscurity.  Everything is temporary.

Comments

  1. I know this isn't the clearest but when I first glanced at this picture, you look so much like Brendon. Do you think so?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant