Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits





This picture was sent over to me from Patti in Northlandia and the explanation was this pooch rode the wind like this all the way from Aledo to the Andalusia road.  That is one lucky dog.

++++++++++




I already made this rare post on Facebook of Ayla/Alfred giving me a 4 month job evaluation.  I have made sure everyone has seen it, like the dutiful and proud Papa I am. 

++++++++++ 



In a couple weeks or so I'll be winging it back to Northlandia and my cabin in the woods.  I have made a surprising and costly decision to include a basic TV cable service this time.  With all the political stuff going on I don't want to miss the next episodes of "All My Republicans".  There is no contract to bother with so I can cut it whenever I want.  Frankly, the antenna free stuff I get just doesn't take care of this old guys viewing needs.  


++++++++++


Went to get my annual physical with Dr. Slapdash last week.  All my numbers are good and he said after seeing some remaining toenail polish from Norah that after I get done going drag I need to take all the polish off.  

++++++++++

A horse walks into a bar.  The bartender says, "You're here a lot, are you an alcoholic?"

The horse ponders for a minute and responds, "I don't think so."
And poof he disappears.

This is where the philosophy students start to snicker, as they are familiar with Descartes' axiom, "I think therefore I am."

But telling you that first would be putting Descartes before the horse.

Old Philosophy joke.

++++++++++

Binge watch Happy Valley and The Fall.  Yeah, it's English, but they have kind of a long history of fairly decent writing. 

++++++++++


Newer Bentley parked at the grocery store this week.  Nice lines and very expensive.  You'd think if you could afford a Bentley then you could afford to hire someone to do the grocery getting.

++++++++++

Just saw Room.  I'm kind of speechless.  I will need more time to process but it is actually 2 movies in one:  first half about escaping a 7 year abduction, and the second about adjusting to it all.  Brie Larson won the Oscar for her performance and I must say, I was unable to keep still during the first half.  Of course, Norah is the same age as Jack so I suppose that made it worse.  A deep, unsettling film, perfectly made and so very thought provoking. 

++++++++++


Speaking of Princess Norah, she saw a grass skirt she had to have at Dollar General.  Mom helped make it a perfect little treat.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant