Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

Having been transferred from Bedlam to Waterboard, I decided to change my address and renew my driver's license at the same time.  Florida being Florida my next license renewal date will be 2025.  


++++++++++


Damn poachers!

++++++++++




Pulled up to a truck at a stop light this past weekend.  Noticed his dash.  If he had a Garmin I don't know where he'd put it.


++++++++++



Saw this kid at the Mall at one of those precious chairs they sprinkle around.  Notice something?  In a world of cell phones, social media, Twitter and Instagrams, this kid was actually reading a book.  A book!  How refreshing.  Oh, and it is in French, too.  The novel is titled "Alone In the World" and concerns young adults trapped in a Mall trying to survive an ecological disaster.  

++++++++++




It's back to school mindset around here.  The area has a "No Tax" weekend where a lot of business do not charge tax for school supplies, clothes and other things.  Norah went to a place that had a kind of fun fair for kids and got this cool face painting.  She starts kindergarden tomorrow.  I love how she mismatches her socks.  

++++++++++

I don't understand the Pokemon craze - either whatever it is nor the people who seem to think it is worth doing.  My generation created streaking, and in my mind is far more worthwhile.  

++++++++++

The moves are complete.  For anyone interested my new address is 401 Rosery Rd NE
Cell Apt 720
Largo, FL 33770

++++++++++





Alfred was working on a new trick last week.  By the way, welcome to the Madhouse.  She was discovering the wonders of nasal orifices and all the things you can do.  Hope you aren't sitting down to your oatmeal for breakfast.


++++++++++

My work buddy from Blick Art Materials, Eric Kneipp, has opened a brick-and-mortor store in Tampa, about 28 minutes away.  Best of luck and may have to modify my I-Don't-Do-Tampa mantra and get someone to drive me over. 

++++++++++ 

Here is one of the songs on Meat loaf's new CD coming out September 16th.  It is the third time he has collaborated with the wildly brilliant Jim Steinman.  Their relationship goes way back to their Bat Out Of Hell album that came out in 77.  I first heard Meat at the Mary Davis Home when a couple girls played Two Out of Three Aint Bad and I liked it.  Meat's best voice left him 20 years ago and lost most of his range but he's still one of my favorites.  Nobody does operatic ballad rock like Meat.  No one.    


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant