Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits





What is it with the names of the storage units in Viola and Joy?  Lighthouse Storage in Viola is 1500 miles from an ocean amd Dockside in Joy is 14 miles from water. 


++++++++++




Saw this guy in a waiting room in the cities.  Strange placement for a label of some sort.  Reminded me of John Seaton's funeral at the church in Seaton.  I had bought some new pants and someone was kind enough to point it that I had failed to pull off a long label on the pant leg.  

++++++++++




Saw this guy on one of my screens at the Cabin.   I love the bark look - he would be completely camoflouged on a tree.

++++++++++




A nice night at the local bar in Emerald City.  Call Con!

++++++++++




A Praying Mantis at the greatest porch in Mercer County.  Cool but vicious little critters.  Whenever we found one when we lived in G-Burg, we'd put them in an aquarium and get crickets for food down at the pet store.  They lived well into winter and provided a great show at feeding time.  I still have one of them, Mona, in a shoebox somewhere.  Weird, huh?

++++++++++



Speaking of bugs, saw this guy hunkered down during a shower.  He found high ground and was hanging on till the bug tsunami was over.

++++++++++



Didn't finish my painting - ran out of time.  I did, however, block in the two kids (twins?)who are tossing rocks at the streetlight.  I'll have to finish it when I return.

++++++++++





Already miss Northlandia.  Winterized the truck, bike, and Miss Frump in case I don't make it back in December.  Have readjusted my Nest camera at the window to catch any fun weather.  Mr. and Mrs. Wombie are incredibly fun to be around, and he likes driving so its like I have a personal chauffer.   

The video above is my landing back at Clearwater-St. Pete airport.  I did it up this time:  exit row seating so I had lots of leg room and priority boarding.  All for under a hundred bucks.  Sometimes life is good.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant