Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits


I saw this on some site and liked it for some reason.  It tells a story in its own small way.  A shooting star, growth, and a dazzling end. Nice way to start a Tuesday morning.


++++++++++




I am just a few weeks away now from my Cabin in the Woods.  I wonder how Alfred will adjust while I am gone.  The change will be sudden for her.  My sub also has other kids - she won't be the only star of the show.   I'd like to think she will grow with the interaction and not miss me too much.  I hate the thought of sad kids. 

Speaking of the Cabin in the Woods.  I think I have a tiller for my side yard project.  I'll bet I can secure the deal with a couple of Mayorga's from Nicaragua.  


++++++++++




I came across this somewhere online and marveled at its simplicity and complexity at the same time.  The simplicity is in the four pines.  Just four pines.  The complexity is in the six words that in actuality denote the problems with all mankind.  I don't think it is over dramatization to say that comparison is, indeed, the single most dangerous menace to civilization, and has been.  Theft, envy, murder, invasion, and geographical war, abuse of all kinds, it is endless and can all be explained by comparison to what someone else has.  Comparison is the thief of joy.  If you have something another guy wants.  It will destroy joy and lead us to act in horrible ways.  This little pencil drawing of 4 pine trees and a little ditty.  Brought out the old philosopher in me.  I think it  is something worthwhile to ponder today.  


+++++++++++



Hey Wombie.  If you go into the Cabin to check on things and see something like this crawling around, would you get in touch with our pest control guy in Seaton and have him do a quick squirt?


++++++++++







The pictures aren't the best.  This was parked at Wal-Mart last week.  Looks like we have someone who lives in their car.  Speculation was they might be employed by them and have no other living arrangements.  We are kings by comparison.  (Get it?  Above?)


+++++++++++


Norah's Kindergarten School Picture

++++++++++

With the failure of both Trump and Obamacare the solution to America's healthcare is staring us in the face and maybe someone will have the guts to package it as a final and successful solution:  Medicare for all.  It is what most every civilized country does.  

++++++++++

I hope people who are increasingly polite to me (opening doors, running into their carts at the grocery store, simple hello's) aren't doing it because they think I'm 103 years old.

++++++++++

I saw one of those CNN "Finding Jesus" commercials.  I noticed he, as in Jesus, is white and seems to have a British accent.  Both would be historically inaccurate, but it is CNN doing drama after all.

++++++++++

Ever since roadside panhandling was outlawed a few years ago around here, the beggar's have tried to find new and innovative ways to get to you and your charitable (sucker) money.  They migrated to individual stores like the 24 hour ones like Walmart and CVS and gave you their spiel as you walked in.  Then they'd walk around outside restaurant and bars and pull on your heartstrings:  favorite type of line was needing money for a cab ride to doctor's office at the Vets hospital.  

A new one we ran into last weekend:  driving around the parking lots at the mall asking for handouts.  The guy who got us had wife (or friend) driving van while an old lady was in the back seat waving around a bandaged hand.  The spiel was they took off without his billfold and old granny in the back needed co-pay for doctor visit.  

++++++++++




Neat store I discovered this weekend.  Only open one day a week - on Saturdays.  Old doors, windows, some furniture, all kinds of unique stuff found in houses.  Its like that restoration place up int he Cities - only cooler.  They even have several portable phone operator things they plugged into lines with all kinds of toggle switches.  If you need anything let me know.  

++++++++++

Adventures In Babysitting




Two shots of Alfred sleeping: one in the car and the other is a crib shot.  In both she has her favorite blankee in her mouth.  (I need male companionship with cold beer, belches, talk of internal combustion machinery and off-color jokes)(Female companionship would be pretty cool, too)(Anyone who mentions kids/grandkids/children/diapers/babysitting/naps buys me a beer).




Speaking of babysitting:  Don't ask - Don't tell.



Quick thinking daycare provider helped avert a potential tragedy.

Have I told you how much I need to sit at a table where everyone is of drinking age and drinking?


++++++++++

Judge Jeanine has the most grating, obnoxious, off-putting delivery of anyone I've ever seen on TV and that includes Richard Simmons and Pee Wee Herman.  I'm not surprised Comrade President Trump likes her.

++++++++++

I hate Spring Training and those inane, stupid, rah-rah ticket- selling articles and news clips that come out of all camps.  Shorten it by 2 weeks and cut the crap: that shiny new kid who played Double AA last year and who hit a home run today is still heading back to the minors.  The good news, by the time Tuesday Tidbits rolls around again we will be in Day 3 of the new season.

++++++++++

As I mentioned last week, I was originally going to take this week off, but I had some stuff I wanted to post.  I also told you to prepare yourselves for the short hiatus.  And now here I am feeding your addiction.  Well, you know what?  I think I can go another week after this one!  Like little hungry baby birds.  The downside:  I may take a couple weeks off then.  Stay strong.  

++++++++++ 

One more thing:  the Washington Post has been keeping a tally of falsehoods and deceptions from Comrade President Trump since January 20.  As of yesterday it was up to 317.  Truth matters regardless of your party and president.

Here is one Truth you can take to the bank (except the one in Seaton): I wish you a great Tuesday.  Be careful, drive smart, watch your step:  I'll be in Northlandia soon.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant