Monday, March 20, 2017

Why I Like Night

One early morning trip a few weeks ago took me to Reddington Beach for some night sky shots.  I thought that would be a good place for star shots since light pollution around here prevents good shots.  I was kind of right about the stars but what really surprised me was everything else.  I really liked how these came out.  The settings were for 15 second exposure.

The beaches are supposedly closed at 4:00 in the morning and you can't park in the municipal parking areas but I laugh in the face of impending tickets.  Actually I scampered around like a chipmunk on Red Bull.  Quick quick quick.   I don't know how much they enforce it but I was in and out in a hurry. 






































That's the Pathfinder sitting there in the lot.  I personally think nighttime photographs are so much more interesting.  The combination of light and dark, shadows and faint whispers of illumination are so mysterious.  Daytime shots reveal everything - there is no wonder.  

This was an intriguing enough of a shoot that I went out again two weekends ago.  I'll post those sometime, before or after the break.  

No comments:

Post a Comment