Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

"I only go out to get me a fresh appetite for being alone."

— Byron, journal entry, 1813


++++++++++



I'm kind of thinking another trip to the Cabin in the Woods might be in order before the holidays.  I can never get enough of those dark Midwest skies and cool crisp Fall air.


++++++++++ 





As I was taking my early morning (3:20 am) around the block I noticed a car running with the door open as I was leaving Waterboard.  I thought about it a few seconds then kept on going.  But when I returned an hour later the car was still going and the door was still ajar.  I decided to investigate.

First, if you pass out you should summon the wherewithal to turn the keys to the car off.  Next, if you are driving prior to passing out with the car still running you shouldn't have been driving.  

Thridly, I could have gotten shot by approaching but it's what we do in the Midwest -help out.  


++++++++++



Swanson TV dinners were a real treat as we were growing up.  They were fun.  If Marj would have fixed some of the things that came with them any other time we probably wouldn't have eaten it, but we ate all out TV dinners.  I wonder why?
 

+
+++++++++





What a loosy-goosy run.  


++++++++++

On my last trip to Wal-Mart I saw this.


This guy was standing at the "return" line with his pet...lizard.   





Wow.  A case of knock-knee.

++++++++++


  When was the last time we Americans celebrated as a group something we, as an entire nation, accomplished?  

++++++++++


 My fantasy baseball team came in first this year.

++++++++++



++++++++++

You've heard of the wartime 1,000 yard stare.  There is a comparable stare, let's call it the 10 foot glaze, when a kid does something he or she knows is wrong and they stare at you waiting for your response.

++++++++++


Moving this week in Kitschland.  This is the last time.  The very last.  No more.  Never again.


++++++++++



++++++++++

Locked myself out of the apartment this week.  Waterboard doesn't provide any lockout services - one must contact a locksmith.  Total cost:  are you ready?  $285.00

++++++++++



During Play-Doh hour Alfred will take a break and crawl under  the coffee table.  I never really worried about what she was doing and besides, whenever a kid is quiet and not disrupting your Words With Friends game it is a blessing, not a red flag.  


However on Friday I stepped on a hard chunk of the stuff and when putting the stuff away noticed there was less of it than I remembered.  So I tipped over the table.  Mystery solved.  I just looked at her and said, "There's a back screaming for the lash!"  She didn't appear too concerned.

++++++++++


Gas down here was $2.69 before and after Irma.  Now it is down to $2.39.


++++++++++




Irma survivor at Kenzie's backyard fountain.

++++++++++




SIL Drew and I whenever we tag along on shopping trips.

++++++++++

It appears this is a bit abbreviated, but I got nothing else today.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant