Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

It's kind of funny:  a junkie dies in an alley in Baltimore and it's just another loser OD'ed.  But if it's your neighbor its an opioid epidemic.



++++++++++

Chicken tenders are about the only thing I'll order at Maccy-Dee's.  Last couple of times they have said they were discontinuing until the 22nd, and then (on the 23rd) something "bad" happened and they didn't have any.  Me thinks they are full of it.  

++++++++++



A view from the Cabin in the Woods.  I'm reminded of Patton's line in the movie, "An entire world at war and I'm left out of it!"  Paraphrasing, "An entire North snowing and I'm in Florida!"  I'm going crazy.  If there isn't a blizzard in February someone's got some explaining to do. 


++++++++++




A couple weeks ago I mentioned the Seaton Wolves tile hanging in the ceiling at Beer Bellies in Emerald City.  Here is a picture of it that was sent to me by Mrs. Wombie.  Is that a Tampa Bay Buccaneer's tile?  In Emerald City?  Wasn't me! Guess they'll let anyone in.


++++++++++

Santa brought me a grill for Christmas, but, sadly, they don't have Johnsonville BratBurgers here.  Water, water everywhere...


++++++++++ 


Listening to Nikki Haley berate most nations at the UN - which went against us by a vote of something like 128 - 6 - and I wondered, when did we become the bad guys?

++++++++++






I had some time to catch up on some Netflix binging.  Saw these three and liked them.  I recommend them, maybe not highly, but high enough.  Except that Jake Gyllenhaal performance in Okja.  Man, what the hell was that all about?



++++++++++     



Whenever I'm down here and get pictures of snow up there, I'm reminded of one of Frasier's comments after one of his failed dates: "In my chest is a large sucking sound where once my heart dwelt."  This is from the Wombies porch.  A white Christmas.  Aww.  As God is my witness, I will escape, someday soon, this green, hot Hell.

++++++++++

I wonder why lava is always molten.

++++++++++



The Wombie went over to Rosewood in G-Burg before Christmas to see our family friend Dorothy and her son Lance.  She is the same age as our mother and they were best friends.

++++++++++



via GIPHY



Hmmm.  There's some bad seed there, folks.



++++++++++

  Oh, Happy B-Day Danny and Dave.

++++++++++


Reading "Comments" sections scares me more about America than having Trump as its president.  Trumpism will end eventually, but the hate, ignorance, ultra-whatever and overzealous religio's will live forever.



++++++++++





Under "I love history" is this little gem:

Politicians and public figures may well care to ponder the story of the death of Franco. Surrounded on his deathbed by his faithful generals, he heard outside, beyond the heavily drawn curtains, a strange subdued noise like the sea, and asked someone to investigate. An aide did. He looked down from the palace balcony and returned with a lump in his throat and tears in his eyes and reported: ‘Caudillo, it is the people. Thousands of them. They have come to say goodbye.’ And Franco raised himself on one elbow and barked: ‘Why? Where are they going?’

— British Airways parliamentary affairs officer Norman Lornie to Jack Aspinwall, MP, for his 2004 collection Tell Me Another!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant