Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits




This diagram of where your favorite news organizations rank on the neutral/most extreme and liberal/conservative spectrums has been updated.  I posted the first inception a while back and, in the interest of smart consumers of news I repost today.  Do with it what you will - I still think we tune in to those agendas that we agree with rather than pinpointing real factual news, but that's just me.  Maybe I'm wrong.      



++++++++++








As I was walking one early morning these notes of breakfast kept ringing in my ears.

++++++++++



I was truly amazed, and shocked, to discover the backlash on those kids' school walkout last week.  All they are wanting is common-sense gun laws to decrease the likelihood some nut with a military style assault weapon will take more kids out at school.  I saw with dismay state-run Fox and their nightly talking heads go out of their way to blast their position.  I further read several entries on Facebook, one in particular that was close to home, disagree with their stance saying they were probably just smoking a blunt and skipping school.  This kind of ignorance, prejudice and vitriol is sending this country to irrelevance.  Just imagine:  these freaks stand squarely on the Constitutional Amendment that allows you to buy rapid fire assault-type guns but then knocks the Constitutional right of peaceable assembly.


https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/school-walkout-fox-news-gun-control-122025402.html

++++++++++


      
Dallas Playground, c.1900


++++++++++




I miss you everyday, Missy Marie.  Another anniversary of my heartbreak.

++++++++++





Now, after all these decades, you explain it to me in simple terms.
++++++++++





Seaton, c. 60's?


++++++++++



Stephen Hawking was one of those people I knew as a scientist/celebrity but never read his books or could quite grasp the science of black holes, but enjoyed the biographical movie that came out a few years ago.  I guess he was the Carl Sagan of this  generation.

I liked the story I read about him running over the toes of people he didn't like with his wheelchair.  Once, when demonstrating his chair to Prince Charles he twirled it around to demonstrate its capabilities and ran over his toes.  He often said he regretted never having the chance to run over Margaret Thatcher's toes.

Hawking, publicly anyway always denied these reports.  He said, "A malicious rumor.  I'll run over anyone who repeats it."

++++++++++

"How does it feel to be married to a loser?"

I think most Americans believe in fair play and honorable behavior. Whether or not McCabe needed to be fired is one thing but canning him mere hours before qualifying for his pension crosses the line.  let's not forget that the FBI, that quintessential American institution trump has chosen to go to war with,  has kept us safe from harm and terrorism for decades.  Good people who are suffering needlessly.  This childish vindictiveness is below a president. 



++++++++++



Adventures In Babysitting



Girl Scout cookies with the filling missing.


Baby wipes with each once folded nicely now removed and crumpled.  

You may very well ask, "Where's the supervision?" 

My response,  "Around."

++++++++++

Finally got the picture of the house they were moving to another location.


Oops. 

++++++++++ 

Some guy came up to me in Wal-Mart on Saturday and said I looked like Robert DeNiro.  I said "You talkin' to me?"  I don't buy it but it kind of made my day.  

++++++++++

So, Facebook has been implicated and admitted they sowed disinformation during the election and after.  I wonder how many people really care.  There was a time...

++++++++++



Come Out! Come Out!

Happy First Day of Spring!


++++++++++  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant