Skip to main content

Easter Parade

Easter ranks pretty far down on my holiday fun list.  Somewhere between Groundhog day and Canadian Thanksgiving.  I'm not saying I didn't used to like it - especially those halcyon days when we three boys would wake up to three eggs, three nickels, three whatever hidden around the house for eager eyes and eager-er tongues.  Then you grow up have kids of your own and it all becomes work.  Yeah, w-o-r-k.  You heard me - or rather read me.  Like Christmas with the slot car track, and everything else that must be assembled when you discover it needs batteries that you most definitely do not have and everything is closed.  But I digress.   

This year we attended the Great Hunts at Vancouver Drive in Largo for Norah and Alfred AND 16th Street South in St. Petersburg later in the day for the above mentioned kids plus Liam and Alhanna, Brendan's brood. 















Our next door neighbor brought over a dress she saw that would be nice for Alfred.  
 


 
And finally, a parent doesn't expect much from their kids.  A little respect for their parents and elders, stay out of trouble, buy breakfast every once in a while.  This is Brendan's back yard complete with trampoline, small smoking grill over to the left and there is also a kids battery operated ATV and small pool.  He done good.  All the boxes, as a parent, have been checked.  I can sit back and say, all is well.

It was a fun day, or at least as fun as possible watching sweaty kids chase plastic eggs down, jump, ride and wade.  As a parent I took stock and was pleased.  Everyone down here seems to be happy and making it OK.  Now about me...I propose Bloody Mary Monday - first Monday of every month.  Half day at work, rest of day is Holiday.  It can't all be about the kids.       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant