Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits


Tuesday Tidbits

A compendium of things I've done, seen, or found this week while out and about or online.  I may or may not agree with any editorial or political entry.

++++++++++






++++++++++




It never gets old.

++++++++++


My Nissan Pathfinder, a lemon if ever there was one, needed 6 new ignition coils last week.  I'd never even heard of them before.  It has now cost me $3,500 and I haven't put 3,000 miles on it since I got it.  What with the monthly payment and the monthly costs to take care of the credit card bills, I would have been better off buying something new.  Oh well, whata ya gonna do? he said smiling through the tears?  Sell subscriptions to Existing In BFE?

++++++++++ 







Whilst at the park last week with the Girls, I couldn't help noticing these ladies trying out the jungle gym stuff.  But one of them had a newborn strapped to her.  One wrong move, one step and down falls mommy, baby and all.

++++++++++




The Girls in a convivial moment.

++++++++++



Separate yourself from the crowd.



++++++++++



Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

++++++++++



Moonshadow.  Ah, sing it Cat.  Or more accurately, Yusuf.
(I took this picture with my iPhone last week during my walk at 3:30 AM during the full moon.)

++++++++++

Reason #57 to get out of Facebook.  People hate.  People hate trump.  People hate Hillary.  People hate Obama. People hate guns.  People hate people who hate guns.  People hate liberals.  People hate conservatives.  People hate Fox.  People hate mainstream media. People hate politics.  I hate cats. People hate the South.  People hate the North.  People hate religion.  People hate those who aren't religious. People hate blacks.  People hate whites.  People hate Indians, Pakis, Sikhs an all the other turban wearing sons-a-bitches. People hate gays and trans.  People hate kids who march.  

There was a time when people hated cancer and Russia.  Now we hate each other.  There was a time when we kept our worse thoughts to ourselves.  Now we have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the Comments Section.    

People hate ice cream. Wait, what?  We all love ice cream.

++++++++++   



'I give up' Friday.

++++++++++

Questions I've been thinking about:


1.  Hey there, Delilah.  Did that guy with the guitar a thousand miles away and you ever get together?

2.  What would the world be like if we'd never invented borders?

3.  I think there are many other better inventions than sliced bread.

4.  How different my life would have been if I'd lived in Peoria, or Decatur than Seaton.

5.  Referring to Moonshadow above: how much more music would be in me if Cat Stevens hadn't gotten religion, or if Harry Chapin had been paying more attention on the Long Island Expressway?

6.  Why can't they perfect shoestrings?

7.  Self-driving cars is going to change everything, right?

8.  Did the Pope really say there is no Hell?  That changes everything, too, right?

9.   I wonder if anyone outside my family thought about me last week?

10.  I wonder if I'll ever get another dog?  


++++++++++ 



“We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.” – Stephen Hawking


++++++++++


This is why trump's isolationist America First trade scheme won't be successful in this age of globalization.  This is a bubble shooter I got for Alfred.  The shooter was made in China, the bubble solution was made in Mexico and the labeling and bottle was made here.  Until the U.S. starts manufacturing all components as cheaply as foreign nations this is the reality. 


++++++++++

And I leave you today with a Public Service Announcement.  You never know when you are going to have to cross a stream with piranhas.  This is how.  Study and Remember, it could save your life.  



++++++++++


The report Sinclair media that came out over the weekend was as scary as anything that has happened in our new "fake news" era.  If I understand it:  Sinclair Media the nations largest owner of TV stations made all of their local newscasters read, word for word, a script espousing railing against other media outlets.  Regardless of party affiliation, this shit should scare the hell out of you.  This nation has always had an independent free press, but this is as close to real state-run media being shoved into every home.   Stooges repeat the lines handed to them - an unapologetic assault on truth in America.  Recall the line, Democracy dies in the dark - well, it just got a little dimmer?





++++++++++




Go In Peace

++++++++++

And finally, Northlandia has been chilly lately.  




But here In Kitschland, the weather has been perfect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant