Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits


Tuesday Tidbits

A compendium of things personal, political, and just stuff found on the web designed to provoke, make you think, smile or get mad.  I may or may not believe it so don't bite my head off.  If this upsets you stay away.  It's my party so I can type if I want to.   

++++++++++



The United States Navy puts on a light show, Long Beach Harbor, May 26th, 1946.

Cool, huh?

++++++++++



Open For Business

++++++++++


++++++++++



This was floating around on Facebook last week.  A picture of Seaton, Illinois, and fairly recently.  The house in lower center, just across the street from the water tower, was my grandparents place.  You can't see our place in the Eat End.

++++++++++





++++++++++

Randy A.:  How did you get along with that hurricane?

Mike:  I got along just fine.

Randy A.:  It took a man from Seaton to do that.

++++++++++



In another life I was a one of these guys.  Isn't this pretty cool?  Apparently this is something some shgips did as they entered port.  This ship, the Norwegian three-masted barque, the Statsraad Lehmkuhl, is a training vessel.


++++++++++ 

What did Liberty Valance, aka, Donald Trump say to Melania after he had sex?

"I'll be home in 20 minutes."

++++++++++


 Oh, nice banner welcoming all to its distinctive smell and taste, you are more than just a local legend, you are...  






... the Galaxy's greatest pizza. (see you again in August)

++++++++++

Kudos to Columbia Auto Repair in Aledo, Illinois.  They fixed my truck's brake line and got me rolling again while in Northlandia.  I DO NOT like driving someone else's car.  And, it seemed like a very cheap price.  I bet if I'd had it done down here it would have cost three times what I paid.

++++++++++


Sunday Noon.  Beer Bellies.  May 13.

++++++++++

Speaking of Beer Bellies, Chuck brought in a large bag of morels.

And was giving them away free.  Just imagine how many he found that he kept.

++++++++++

Flight back was dandy.


No one sat in my aisle.  Perfect.  I'm a people person, ask anyone, but every so often its nice to sit back, spread your legs and not have to do the convo thing.

++++++++++


Those of you who are slathering for news of the moldy post office have this latest update.  They have moved the bank of mailboxes from the side of the firehouse to the front of the old bank, which will be the new home at some point.  Apparently the post office administration said that the building is not yet secure.  One of the  village aldermen said in response, "Not secure?  It was a fucking bank!"  

++++++++++

The moment that you read this has been in the future for billions of years, and now it'll be in the past for eternity.

++++++++++

Who was cooler?



+++++++


Creeping Charley.  I hated it but now I miss it.  And the air filled with the scent of lilacs.  Spring In Northlandia. 

++++++++++


And finally, as we get going for another stretch of posts...


I like this.

Thanks for returning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant