Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits


Once again a collection of stuff that I find interesting or provocative.  Believe it or not, I don't care.  At the corner of the road heading west to North Henderson is a house that has junk all around it.  They put a sign in the front yard once, "If you don't like it, don't look."  Same goes here.   


++++++++++



++++++++++

The familiar voiceover for the Lincoln MKX implores us, in quiet tones, to not  "mistake serenity for weakness."  Gee, Matthew McConaughey, do you even act anymore?  And, by the way, thanks for that tip.  I confuse serenity for weakness all the time.  What a dick-lick script that is.  Who talks like that, and when was the last time someone told you they mistook serenity for weakness? 



++++++++++





++++++++++





We are a full-service blog - nature and all that.  


++++++++++



Whizzbang aka Dumbstruck the Wonder Pup




Has been in trouble for a while now.  She has begun to eat the coffee table.  



Stan, our neighbor, came over and showed me his arm after playing with a Pit Bull.  I showed him my arm and said I won.  Puppies have really sharp teeth and really sharp toenails.  I'm bleeding to death down here.

++++++++++




Couldn't resist posing Norah.



You could tell Alfred was uneasy sitting on that big rock, poor thing.


++++++++++

Every time I drink out of a water fountain, I think of Seaton Grade School.

++++++++++






During my early morning walk there is a pond and an undeveloped field I go by.  This is my favorite spot during the walk because it is the only untamed area around.  These guys were chirping on one of my jaunts last week.  Beautiful, ain't it?

Sadly a new sign went up on the property that read "Coming Soon! Whitney Road Townhouses".  Yuck, Fuck, Yuck again.  


++++++++++   




Our next door neighbor works at Cracker Barrel and every so often brings over a new outfit for Alfred.  Why?  She never had a daughter.

++++++++++ 





++++++++++

Before we go to war, trade or otherwise, with Canada, lets remember what they did to help us after 9/11.  Thousands of Americans were diverted to Canadian cities from 238 flights as part of the Operation Yellow Ribbon.  Canada took care of them for days to help us out.  The town of Gander with a population of around 9500 took in 7000.  This is a nation that has universal healthcare, an easier national anthem to sing and, hey, they even invented basketball.   

++++++++++



  


++++++++++





++++++++++

There's a thousand ways to do something wrong.  There's one way to do something right.  Keep it simple.


++++++++++

Family separations.  I keep telling you guys we are losing America.
Some of you aren't paying attention.



I'll give you a piece of my mind on this on Thursday. 

++++++++++

While driving to Kenzie's on Sunday for a cookout, we passed a decorative rock fencing at a hospice center not far from Sinkhole Estates.  On top of the structure was this guy.  


    
We pulled over and as pictures were being taken, another guy stopped and captured him.  He said he was going to post it on some social media sites and see if someone lost their pet.  Can't imagine this guy being in the wild, but here in Kitschland I suppose anything is possible.  He also speculated that it probably sells for $300.  Who knows.  But as we were taking pictures, cars were slowing up and cell phones were recording it, too. 

++++++++++ 

There is a new phenomenon now with all the cruise ship trips folks are taking.  Its called Disembarkment Syndrome.  That is when your ears do not readjust to land once you leave ship.  The internal ear gyro system never gets back to where it was so you continue to feel nauseas and sick after the cruise. 

++++++++++ 

That's all I got today.  Come back tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant