Skip to main content

Whew! Glad I Got That Out of My System.

New song my daughter likes.



"I saw harry in st louis once. wow is the only word i can come up with express his concert. he was truly one of a kind. i sure miss his music."

"I saw this poet/genius 32 years ago when I was a college freshman. I had yet to experience the pain and loneliness Harry sang about in this song. I only knew that the song and the singer were beautiful. Now, at age 51memories like those of being in the prescence of lyrical genius, if only for a little while on that bitterly cold night so long ago, that sustain me against the loneliness of middle age. I miss you Harry . - A big ole friendly girl."

" Don't know how true this is but I had heard that Johnny Carson invited Harry back the next night after he first performed on The Tonight Show - an encore if there wever was one. Never happened prior to and since. "

"If any place is a better place to be, then I hope Harry is happy wherever he is. His music touches my heart and soul to this day."

"ah reading all your comment where you're having the chance to meet one of the greatest artist in the world, really makes me sad ! i wish i had the same chance, i mean ? im only 15 and i never had a chance, so when i read about you having tickets, i'm really misserable! i would do anything to have that chance ! but unfortunately .. he dies :'( it really makes me sad, im sitting with tears in my eyes everytime i hear one of his songs, i can give him anything but my love and my tears to his music.."

"When you sit alone late at night, and you feel the world is filled with too much emptyness it is comforting to know that someone else knows how you feel. Thanks Harry, the world is a bit better because of you."

I know "A Better Place To Be" is a repeat. Its worth hearing again, and again, and again...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant