Skip to main content

Random Pics



The "Goose" getting ready for halloween.


Sins of the Fathers


More sins.



A great meal from Jalisco's in Galesburg.  My favorite is Quesadilla Jalisco, which is full of fat juicy shrimp.  You can have all that other crap like guacamole, refried beans and all that, but that Quesadilla is great. 


I cut my rooming bill by $4.00 and took a smoking room.  Advise:  pay the $4.00 and get non-smoking.  The built-in stench and the burning eyes just wasn't worth it.  It was a Motel 6 and hated it.  Yeah, the walls are yellow.  SO is everything else in the room.


This is Blackie, our neighborhood snake.  Supposedly these guys eat bad snakes so we are to prize this guy like Indians prize cows.  I was also informed that there is a $5000 fine and/or jail time if you harm them.  This also from the guy who said they spotted an 18 foot gator door in the bayou.  


Proximity of Blackie to my front door.  Too close.


Much bigger than a garter snake back home. 


A gift from Becky, she knows I like Kit-Kats and her nephew brought these back from Japan.  They are more in tune with their culture so these guys are flavored like green tea and wasabi.  I tried one: I'll stick to chocolate.  They have been tucked away in the freezer.  And I'm still mourning the loss of Payday Avalanches.  They don't make them anymore and Gay Johnson, my boss at KCA gave them out on pay days.  Clever lady.



These dueling Vanagen's or Volkswagen Mini-buses were cruising Pasadena Boulevard early Sunday morning.  Car show?  If so, I hope they had a "project" class, as these relics looked rusty and in need of restoration.  They zipped right along, though, so at least that's something.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant