Skip to main content

Flashback Friday - Getting Bigger


Looks like Marj baked a cake.  The twins are wearing shorts so probably not our birthday.  Phil looks like he is ready to eat, too.  This was taken in the new Seaton home which Marj designed herself.  


Christmas and looks like Michael got a Burp Gun.  Of course this was before the time parents were skittish about such toys.  However, I do recall I never got, nor did any of the sibs, a BB gun.  I'm certain it was on my list for a few years until I got the message ~ Santa didn't engage in arms selling at our house.  Notice the large picture window right behind Grandfather Dick: it was painted in acrylics to resemble a church stained glass.  Some of her homemade cards will be featured in December on this blog.


Don't know where this was taken but Mark 
 and I were pros at posing for Marj's camera.  Reminds me of a painful memory of me playing with the camera while the parents were gone around Christmas time.  I apparently erased all of the card pictures for that year.  I remember it being an uncomfortable interrogation.  


The Boys probably heading to church.  Again, there is a picture that, sadly, no longer exists due to a flood in my basement in BFE.  It was a classic look of boys having been awakened for church, gussied up and posed in front of a tree in the front yard.  There is little question about how we all felt about this; body language added to the thousand words of that picture.  I am so very sorry it is lost.  One of my all time favorites.     


Another Christmas picture.  For awhile Marj liked to flock her trees.  She'd get cans of paint for flocking and turn the trees white.  I don't know if people do this anymore, but it was a pretty thing to do.  I imagine most trees are artificial now, but back in the day, it was quite a sight to see one.  For a few years with this flocking, she would also put on a lighted spinning wheel that would turn it various colors.   


Summer time with the boys out sunning.  Must have been our first summer.  


Mark bathing up in the sink.  Again, I'm not sure where this was.  We lived in the house across from the new house the parents built, so perhaps it is that place.  I do not remember the layout.   


Mark (R) and Mike at around 6 months, give or take.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant