Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits On Wednesday




This week I will be heading up to the Cabin in the Woods.  I think I have come up with a long list of things to do and take care of.  As is usually the case, however, it won't take long till I miss the girls. It's kind of a Stockholm Syndrome in reverse, or circle.  My primary concern is Alfred and her substitute situation for the next few weeks before I head back for a Dr.'s appointment and do a little sitting to help Kenzie out.   But I suppose we'll all adjust and do nicely.  On my part I am looking forward to no diapers and some rec time.  



++++++++++



This is me when I am heading up to the Cabin In The Woods.

++++++++++




Oh yeah.

++++++++++




Poor Alfred.  It'll get easier, I swear.

++++++++++  





One of my dreams is to find something like this or an old car tucked away in a barn somewhere.  That is the closest corollary we have nowadays for finding a buried treasure.  I think the likelihood of finding anything these days gets harder with each passing day.  I think there is an awareness of antiques and their values due to certain TV shows and recent generations haven't necessarily been keepers like those who went through the Depression.

But wouldn't it be fun.

++++++++++




A picture taken a year ago and never posted.  Better late than never.

++++++++++


++++++++++



This guy may need a longer nose for his glasses.

++++++++++

Overthinking can paralyze.  Spontaneity can set you free.

++++++++++



Parents, stop hoping your kid will be a lefthanded pitcher in the major leagues so they'll have job security.  Send them to meteorological school and hope they get a job in Florida.  As you can sere the graph above even a lousy weather forecaster, even the worst in his class, can surely come up with these kinds of numbers week after week.  Hurricanes could be tricky but I've been here a while and I've never seen one.  

++++++++++



Sign outside a vet's office down the street.  I Shih Tzu not.

++++++++++


Lousy picture I took of a homeless guy in a bus stand on Easter morning during my walk.  Since then I have seen him every night I walk by, with his head down on his cart asleep.  Count your blessings.      

++++++++++





This video was sent to me by my buddy Neighbor Tim last week.  I love it.  Thanks.  

++++++++++

Signs are important to industry and business.  There are some really neat and beautiful signs - classy and reverential.  Some are iconic.  There has however been a recent explosion of those nasty, gaudy, bright neon signs that they stick up in front of establishments, even churches.   You've seen them and likely made a disparaging comment about them.  




This is the one they have in front of the Largo Park.  The lighting is so bright and off-the-chart coloring that my poor sensor on the iPhone wasn't even able to take a reading.  Why don't we start complaining about this blight on our landscape?  


++++++++++


Hey look what I found during my morning walk.  I have amassed millions while walking around this godforsaken pisshole, usually pennies, sometimes nickels.  But last Sunday I found this in a parking lot kind of in a puddle where they had the watering system on.  It's a first.  Another damn trip to the bank.

++++++++++


Hey guess what.  The day after I found the dollar I spotted this camera on the sidewalk during my early morning walk.  I turned it on and it works.  There were some pictures on the card but no way to determine its owner.  There is scuffing just above the Nikon lettering but everything works.  I looked it up on Amazon and discovered this is the waterproof model and can sell for up to $180.  A charger costs 10 bucks so overall an amazing find.  I kinda hate to head up to Northlandia, there are just too many riches lying around down here in Kitschland.  

++++++++++

And finally,  the real reason Tuesday Tidbits is here today rather than yesterday:





I simply needed the extra day to reach my goal and to have some bragging rights.   So that goal is accomplished and now on to the next one.  My original goal was to get to the teens, and the next one will be to get under 200.  Neighbor Tim and Mr. Sutor, a couple friends, have both lost weight recently and I didn't want to be left out.  

That's it for today.  Now on to Northlandia!

















Comments

  1. What a great string of events. Finding folding money, a camera and losing weight! Hope the days of good fortune continue. Enjoy Northlandia. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mr. Sutor. Looking forward to seeing you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant