Thursday, January 21, 2016

River Shots November 25th


5:13 AM

First shot of the night.  Whoa?  What are those things?  Bugs?   Maybe that's what they mean to "get the bugs out" at the start of a project.  I have no idea what is going on, but this would be the only shot that had these streaks.  



5:39 AM

I overexposed this a bit to bring out some of the night sky.  You can also see the orange light pollution of cities in the lower center and clear over to the right.  




5:45 AM


5:50 AM


5:51 AM




5:54 AM




5:55 AM



5:59 AM

As barges go this was a little one.  Just a four unit jobbie, so this guy must have been moving some empties down river to a nearby port.  Because of his small size he was able to scoot along at a very fast clip.  

You know?  I'm not ready to leave.  So I hop in the warm truck and head to Keithsburg in the hopes of being able to see this guy again and continue my experimentation.  If I could grab another one down there coming from the south that would be a bonus.  Let's go.  As luck would have it, that's exactly what happened.  More river posts coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment