UPDATE ON PAST POST
On September 6th and 13th of 2013 I posted a couple articles regarding the unsolved murder of Gordon "Peel" Duncan at the Seaton post office. Now, if you want to go back and take a look at those posts, the month and year directory on the right side of this page will make that pretty easy.
I said I thought it was John Sloan (far right above ) whilst Mark thought it was Richard Maynard (third from left above). Drat! Mark was right after all.
Those two guys confessed to the robbery of the Seaton bank as well as the murder of peel Duncan. That fact was never published in The Times-Record and Maynard explained that it wasn't put in the paper because there was no money to pay for it. Frankly, that doesn't make sense to me. Were articles relating to the news of the murder paid for? No. It was county news and I assume the paper printed those articles without benefit of payment from the sheriff's department or the FBI. Papers get revenue from advertisements, not news articles.
This information was never, as far as I know, ever fully disseminated in Seaton. My folks never talked about that case having ever been solved and as recently as a couple years ago, and 50 years after the event, people still talked about who may have the local perpetrator. An odd case, apparently solved, but with some questions, still.
While visiting a Wal-Mart there was a huge box with all these Valentine teddy bears. Looked like a good backdrop for my girls.
During last months Powerball Lottery craze, Mark Cuban, billionaire basketball team owner, was asked to list his do's and don'ts if you won it all. It is a good one. You might have read it back then, but it is good enough to read again.
- [The first thing you should do is] hire a tax attorney.
- Don’t take the lump sum. You don’t want to blow it all in one spot.
- If you weren’t happy yesterday, you won’t be happy tomorrow. It’s money. It’s not happiness.
- If you were happy yesterday, you are going to be a lot happier tomorrow. It’s money. Life gets easier when you don’t have to worry about the bills.
- Tell all your friends and relatives no. They will ask. Tell them no. If you are close to them, you already know who needs help and what they need. Feel free to help SOME, but talk to your accountant before you do anything and remember this, no one needs $1 million for anything. No one needs $100,000 for anything. Anyone who asks is not your friend.
- You don’t become a smart investor when you win the lottery. Don’t make investments. You can put it in the bank and live comfortably. Forever. You will sleep a lot better knowing you won’t lose money.
He also shared one last bonus tip with Business Insider: "Be nice. No one likes a mean billionaire. :)”
Chillin' with Norah while playing "Time-In, Time-Out"*
* This is a torture (tickle) game that allows either person to stop the torture (tickle) by yelling "Time-Out!". Then you act cool and sly and when the other is unprepared, you yell "Time-in" and begin the attack once again.
Visited Barnes & Noble last Saturday and noticed that someone had rearranged the Trump book presentation.
Also visited a nearby Yamaha motorcycle dealership and this was on display. Where have I been? I never even heard of such a contraption? And what is it exactly: a luxury go-cart, a luxury cycle or mutant offspring of the Batmobile?
Whatever the hell it is, I have room in my garage for it. The name on its hood(?) says Slingshot and it is made by Polaris. A quick trip to their website revealed that it is a three-wheel motorcycle and I'll bet you don't get monkey butt on long hauls with those seats.
I'm convinced the state primaries should be held on the same day. Why should we let Iowa and New Hampshire, two states on the opposite extremes, decide who we have to vote for in November?
Random thoughts about the Super Bowl.
I'd rather drain an abscessed boil than watch the half-time show. I'm the only one alive who is not hyped by the sheer repetition of what they do EACH year - a circular platform, an artist or artists jumping up and down, a song that sounds like all the other new age, hip-hoppity, synchro rhythmic beating with gyrating fans and kids looking up like they have been drugged or electrically wired in a fashion almost impossible for the human body to do naturally. Just doesn't do it for me. Maybe once, just once - they ought to have Yo-yo Ma with his cello and play Adagio or Allegro Moderato. I swear it would be something you'd remember rather than the ode to the writhing dervish bloated excess we see every year. I understand the almost maniacal Roman Forum spectacle of the thing, and the need for flash, but really, they need to do something different, just once.
Nothing is more worthless than a sports interview. Any sports interview. Always, perfectly worthless.
Am I the only guy in America who will be happy that football is over so I won't have to see another Payton Manning commercial?
Just so you don't think I'm totally grumpy over all things Super - I really liked the introductions of the MVPs through the years. Oddly enough I recalled many of them.And from the looks of man, I bet they could still suit up.
Totally surprised by the game itself. A fine show of defence. Denver fans and many of us who like siding with the underdog are happy fans today.
Talib is a thug and Cam is a baby.