Skip to main content

Flashback Friday


I'm being lazy today so I am reposting the very first Flashback Friday dated April 1, 2011.  




This is Sheriff Marvin showing how well he can play with four fingers.  Either that or he's giving someone a four finger gang sign.



Me on my 97 Kawi 1500.  Took this baby on 4 trips out of state in 2004.  Damn good bike.  We went to:

Trip 1:  Boscobel Wisconsin which hosts a Kawasaki bike rally yearly every Father's Day weekend.  Travelled with Stewart (Mecmo) Nyi and Pick Foster.

Trip 2: The Arches National Park in Moab, Utah, up to Wyoming, then home in the rain.

Trip 3:  Trip to South Dakota: Deadwood and Mount Rushmore.

Trip 4:  Eureka Springs, Arkansas to National Kawi Bike Rally. 

A total of 7,000 miles in one summer. Only trouble was I needed to change a tire in Rapid City, South Dakota.



Me and Michael in Pat Johnson's pool in Knoxville.  Old friend, (old signifying when I started work at MDH and not Pat's age) Pat Johnson took this pic.



Me trailing the little guy on his battery operated 4-wheeler.


A happy Michael.  Happiest time in my life?  Had to be when I met Michael and we played for a couple years in the old place on Chambers St. in Galesburg.  Both kids were still home, work was good and life was stable. I can even remember my happiest weekend.  July 4th weekend 2006: Brendan came home on leave and wore his dress uni to a car show in Kewanee.  Michael rode home with me in Baby, stopped at DQ with everyone, then had cookout and fireworks at Chambers.  A happy man with toys and a  happy family.   


Mark and Magic back in college days.  Magic was a pretty cool dog and was one of three Boxers we had growing up, the first being Archie, then Magic, followed by Samantha.


A picture of me right after running a 5K in Aledo during their Rhubarb Festival.  I didn't win, but I didn't lose either.  The older guy held his own, then spent the afternoon drinking beer at the local watering hole.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant