Skip to main content

Inane Ramblings





1. My kid gave me a buzz cut three weeks ago.

Pros:
a. Easy, no combing
b. Saves money
c. Never get "helmet head"
d. Quick cut, only takes 3 minutes
e. People think you are military
f. Cooler

Cons:
a. People think I have lice
b. People mistake me for John Travolta
c.Makes me look grayer


2. Watching football last Sunday made me think:


a. I hate the loud, talking head boobs that say the same things each week for different teams. They act more like frat boys. Ha ha, Jimmy. Yuk yuk, Coach. Tee hee Terry. The best: Al Michaels and Tony Dungy. The rest are worthless, and don't get me going on our cuties on the sidelines. The worst: Jon Gruden.

b. And the name dropping is shameless: "I had supper with Tom Brady yesterday..., I talked to Manning just before the game..., I tucked Lovie into bed last night..."

c. Ever notice the hyperbole? Every one playing in the game they are announcing is great, outstanding and an example of perfect football specimen. Lord! Add on 5 new wings into the Hall of Fame.

d. Maybe I'm getting grumpy.

3. Up till two weeks ago I had never heard of Lady Gaga.

4. Gee, Tiger's human after all.

5. Notice how pundits always start by saying "listen" or "look" on the Sunday morning talk shows?

6. I am 1st in my newer football fantasy league and 6th in the old one.

7. Passed a census taker test.

8. Dorothy Parker - "I never like to repeat gossip, so listen closely."

9. Why is it we can determine black holes, planetary climates, quasars, meteors, comets, white holes, gamma ray bursters a gillion miles away but can't determine global warming right here on Earth?

10. It is a telling comment on our present news world when Jon Stewart was recently polled as America's most "trusted" anchor.

11.The most interesting thing I learned today is that in nineteenth century England, mail was delivered six times a day to most of London, four times a day in most other large cities, and even twice a day in rural areas. It wasn't uncommon for a letter to be written in the morning in Bath and be delivered in the evening in the outskirts of London.


12. I love Hulu.

13. Brendan is heading to England for a visit on January 8th.

14. Pinks may be the most idiotic TV show I have ever briefly seen. These dumb asses who pour thousands of dollars into old classic machines and get them race worthy, then go up against each other. The winner gets....the other guys car. Dumb dumb dumb. Have respect for your work, for your car, and lastly, for yourself.

15. On good days out here, I swear, there's a beggar on every corner. Yesterday we saw a lady who had scribbled on her cardboard "Pregnant, Homeless, and hungry." Well, lady, don't blame me for that. Another earlier in the day was smoking a cigarette and swigging beer.


16. Covered this town and Clearwater like a cold sweat this week. Still here and kicking. But you oughta feel my pits when I'm driving it. Thank the Lord for Garmin.

17. Yeah, I'm gettin' grumpy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Swim

It's Monday and the start of another work week.  Except for me.  I have the week off because the parents of my daycare charges are taking the week off, too. This is one of those wordless posts I love on Mondays so I can put my laziness in full view of loyal readers.  These pics need no words.  Why muddy the waters?   They were taken at the pool at Sinkhole Estates aka Death Valley.  The nice thing about this pool is it is heated in winter.  If one must find positives in one's situation, I suppose that is one.  But, please, no more.   

Flashback Friday

Class, Or Lack Thereof The Dwight Vice gravestone in Oquawka, Illinois. I bring this old chestnut out every so often just to remind me that class is classless.  Dwight Vice was killed in his home near Oquawka in 2001.  It was one of those things that can generate crime:  two guys thought Dwight had a lot of money stashed at home because of his pot-selling sideline to supplement his fishing job.   Not really one of those big drug deals gone-bad things.  Marijuana was, according to the trial, about the only stuff Dwight sold.   But these two guys barge into the house and killed Dwight and attempted to kill his 11 year old kid, Darryl, before they took off with what money they could find.   His son, now 23, was stabbed in the back and left for dead.  He survived and is wheelchair bound and has undergone several surgeries to repair his wounds.  He will be paralyzed for life.   None of this is pleasant.  Reading the facts of the murder and attempted murder are most unpleasant